Chapter 41.

Taehyung shuddered, trying his best to ignore the killer headache he had and the fever that left his eyes burning. A lot of good had just happened, yet his body wasn't reacting like it. He felt sick and weak, each passing minute he questioned whether now that something good had happened he was getting something bad too.

"You're sick because of all the stress, everything's happening really fast right now," Jeongguk had stayed by his side since he woke up, caressing his fluffy hair out of his face and detangling it gently with his fingers.

"I know," Taehyung managed let out, "It's all so sudden I don't know what to do," he mumbled and stared up at Jeongguk who hummed, brushing an eyelash off of Taehyung's cheeks.

"It'll take some time, but you'll get used to it," Jeongguk smiled reassuringly. His head turned to the door where Taehyung's aunt stepped forward with a worried face.

"You look so ill," She gasped and took a seat beside him, "Are you sure you want to pick them up?"

"Why don't I go pick them up? Then they'll come home to you both," Jeongguk suggested and got a hesitant nod of approval from Taehyung.

"I want everyone to be inside and warm too," She caressed Taehyung's head, "Why don't you go pick them up? I'm gonna make you something and give you some medicine," Hari spoke and pinched Taehyung's cheek gently.

Jeongguk nodded and got up quickly, it had already been 10 minutes since their school had finished so he had to get there fast. It was a fifteen minute walk if he was fast enough, so he jogged downstairs.

He spared no glance at the male in the kitchen who watched him run out of the house with a bitter look on his face. Jeongguk shuddered at the feeling of the cold air hitting his face, but the jogging began to help him get warm.

He arrived quite fast and frowned when he saw Mina leaving the school with her hand wrapped around Minjoon's who followed her with tears streaming down his face.

"Ugh why the fuck do you cry so loud for someone who can't speak?" She huffed, dragging him around annoyed.

"You shouldn't be using that type of language," Jeongguk stopped in front of the two with his hands on his hips.

"Where's my brother?" she chewed on gum that was in her mouth like some bossy teen girl. Jeongguk wondered how she got a hold of gum and smiled as he remembered when they first met each other.

"You're brothers at home because he's sick, I'm picking you up," Jeongguk gently pulled the girl by her shoulder to left side of the pavement so that she was away from the road. He bent over and picked up Minjoon who had stopped crying.

"But I'm literally fucking 10 years old, I don't need to be picked up," She rolled her eyes and sighed, small fingers brushing away thin bangs from her forehead.

Jeongguk looked at her shocked and stood up straight, "How many times have I told you stop using that language? Do you not listen?" He tutted and began to walk the correct way home.

"I only listen to Taehyung," Mina scoffed, crossing her small arms as she dragged her feet across the pavement, "I hate it when someone else tells me what to do,"

"You should start listening to other adults," Jeongguk sternly told the girl who just shook her head stubbornly.

"I only need Tae," She mumbled, "I don't want him to go away for uni, I'll be all by myself then,"

Jeongguk sadly smiled at her, "You won't, I promise,"

"I hate promises, no one ever keeps them," Mina thought about all the promises her dad had made to get better. She sadly looked up at Jeongguk who was quiet and smiling to himself, "Can't you be my dad and tae be my mum?"