chapter 26.

Sorry this chapters really rushed because I want to write a Christmas chap for this book and I didn't realise it's already Christmas Eve 😭

Jeongguk was woken up by the churning feeling in his stomach and Taehyung's loud alarm. It took some effort, but his brain reminding him of the time Taehyung left without him motivated him to shoot up.

He regretted his actions when nausea took over his entire body and he had to swallow it down. As his eyes adjusted to the room he was in, he forced his brain to recall the memories from hours ago. It was a blur, he could see himself taking multiple shots but he couldn't remember a single conversation he had.

Then, his usually sharp eyes shot open and so did his jaw. He and Taehyung had kissed for the second time, and he could vaguely remember Taehyung closing the space between them. A strangled noise left him at the scene replaying in his head. A wet-faced Taehyung stepped out of the bathroom in time and raised his eyebrows.

"What?" Taehyung lifted the white towel around his neck and patted his face dry, his concerned eyes didn't leave Jeongguk once and only grew stronger when the boy began to stutter.

What do you mean by what? Am I the only one who was part of the kiss? Jeongguk shut his mouth and cleared his throat, "What happened yesterday?" He slowly got out of bed and held onto his stomach which silently rumbled.

"You just drank a whole bunch and then..." Taehyung felt his heart race for a split second and the words in his mouth disappear. Jeongguk stared at him with an unreadable expression which was enough to tell Taehyung that he remembered the kiss.

"Do you have a full day today?" Jeongguk decided to change the topic even though he was desperate to know what Taehyung felt about it.

"No, I'm gonna drop Mina and Minjoon off at school, I don't think my dad's awake yet," Taehyung found it incredibly uncomfortable to call the man his dad, his voice wavered slightly at his name but he kept a straight face.

Jeongguk nodded and suddenly stepped forward causing the latter to freeze. Without much thought and hesitation, he lifted his muscular arm and placed the palm of his hand against Taehyung's soft cheeks. The action left Taehyung noticeably red and in shock.

"Your cold is still there, just sleep in and I'll drop them off. I have one class in the morning today anyway," Jeongguk removed his hand from Taehyung's face and hesitantly began to speak again, "Do...do you wanna go to the cinema with me today? After I finish class," he shyly asked and merely ducked his head for a second. The sight was cute, Taehyung had to admit.

So, he smiled softly and eagerly nodded, "You should hurry and get ready then, I'll go get the kids ready," Taehyung walked past not missing how their hands brushed against each other in the process. His heart was thumping against his chest hard enough to worry him.

"Why are you so happy?" Mina was already standing outside with her arms crossed and Minjoon playing with a toy behind her.

"No reason," Taehyung softly laughed and knelt down, "How many times do I have to tuck your shirt in?" he tutted as he gently pushed the material into a grey pleated skirt. He then turned to Minjoon who ran over to get the same treatment, "Bunch of babies you two," He shook his head.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Mina pointed out how the elder was dressed in what he often wore to sleep.

"Jeongguk's walking you guys to school today," Taehyung enthusiastically spoke and stood up to take the two downstairs. A smile became bigger on his face when an excited gasp left Minjoon, and it faded when the realisation that the boy liked Jeongguk more than his own father hit. Regardless of that, he put on a smile again and began to pour the two kids their own separate cereal.