Chapter 44.

Taehyung's shot open and he let out a gasp, startling Jeongguk who had fallen asleep next to him peacefully — and clean. After a few more rounds and Jeongguk cleaning them both in a warm bath which consisted of Taehyung falling asleep. That meant the boy was completely clueless that they had fallen asleep at 6 pm and now woke up the next day at 6 am instead.

"What?" Jeongguk croaked, wincing how his hips felt sore and throat was scratchy every time he spoke. His eyes were squeezed shut, he wanted to fall back into bed again but the pretty boy beside him was panicking and already getting up.

"I completely forgot to go back! I need to go home! They're probably- fuck I don't even have her number yet and it hadn't even been three days yet and I-"

"Tae, relax. It's all okay, they're all safe together and your aunts perfectly capable of taking care of them," Jeongguk got up with Taehyung who put on the same outfit that had been stripped off of him yesterday, "I have a spare toothbrush, let's go,"

Taehyung still felt stressed and guilty. Of course he believed that she could take care of the children fine, but it was mainly the fact he didn't stay home with them when it had just been two days since she moved in.

Jeongguk shook his head in disbelief. He understood why Taehyung was stressed, but it was the fact that he could get so stressed so easily over something small that upset him.

"Ready?" He asked the boy once they were out of the bathroom and putting their shoes on and taking phone off of chargers. Taehyung nodded, practically running out of the apartment. Jeongguk hurriedly ran after him and grabbed him by his hand, "Tae, seriously relax,"

"I can't, I feel really bad! She's probably doing so much work with them and-"

"Taehyung." Jeongguk gave a stern look to the boy and immediately shut him up, "Don't forget that she chose to come here and look after you guys,"

"I know," Taehyung sighed. Even then he still felt guilty, but he kept silence since he didn't want to annoy Jeongguk.

"Do you want to do anything after this?" Jeongguk asked the boy who snapped out of his thoughts and let out a long 'uhhh'.

"Yeah, homework. I don't want any more catch up sessions," Taehyung wished he could've done something more fun with Jeongguk now that he had a bit more time, but that would have to wait. He was quite far behind in his studies and if he wanted to get into university, then he had to put them first.

Or second. Jeongguk's better than studying. Taehyung told himself and intertwined their hands together. He just loved holding onto the boy, getting that feeling of belonging to someone and knowing that there was someone always by his side.

"Well what about after the homework?" Jeongguk asked when they began to get closer. He had hopes of doing something special for the boy.

And actually finally asking him out. It felt like it was long overdue; they had kissed, held hands, cuddled, cried together, hell one of them had even already confessed and both were just waiting for the right moment.

The right moment. Where the fuck am I gonna ask him out that's so special? Jeongguk asked himself and didn't realise that Taehyung had already answered his question. I should take him somewhere special today anyway, even if I don't get to confess.

Jeongguk jumped when they suddenly stopped in front of Taehyung's home and the boy had started to unlock the door. He didn't miss the shake in his hand, he hoped it was from the cold and not nervousness.

"Aunty?" Taehyung called out the second he stepped in, gasping when he saw the scene in the kitchen. He broke into laughter whilst Jeongguk shut the door behind them and faced forward confused.

"Oh!"

"Oh hi!" Hari waved with flour covered hands and glanced back at the messy kids on the counter, "I wanted to bond with them so we decided to go with the classic idea of baking!"

"I'm making a cake!" Mina excitedly announced making the two boys coo. Minjoon signed the same and Taehyung signed back with a bright smile.

"I'm sorry I didn't text you about where I was, I don't have your number and I fell asleep at Jeongguk's," Taehyung gave her an apologetic smile.

"It's fine! I knew you two were together, just take my number in a sec," She waved her hand in the air dismissively, "Don't feel bad for going out, you should now that you have time to,"

"Okay," Taehyung grinned, "I'm gonna go do my homework, I'll be back in a bit," he announced and hurriedly made his way upstairs.

Jeongguk was going to follow, but as they were talking an idea had popped up in his head and the only person who'd know would be his aunt.

It was definitely something big. And so big that he didn't feel as if it was right to do it, but he recalled Taehyung saying that if he wanted forgiveness then he had to do something huge to achieve it. And perhaps this plan might just work.

"Can I ask you something?" Jeongguk slowly walked over to the kitchen, wiping the flour from Minjoon's face who laughed.

"Hm? What's up?" The woman asked as she whisked some batter.

Jeongguk glanced behind him to make sure Taehyung wasn't there. He needed to ask about a place he was planning to take Taehyung, but neither had a clue where it was and how to get there. He also had absolutely no idea if it was even a good idea in the first place.

Judging by the emotional look on his aunts face and a nod of approval, he got the idea that just maybe this might make Taehyung say yes to being his boyfriend.

Hopefully he does.

I'm on a fucking roll rn I'm gonna complete this book NOW.