Chapter 40.

Today was the day, and Taehyung felt sick. The whole morning he had felt nauseous, and now as he sat again next to Jeongguk he felt like he'd throw up any second. He had slept with Jeongguk again, hoping to feel better, but this time there was nothing that could genuinely help him.

The bell rang indicating it was break time, which made it worse since it meant he'd walk home to see his aunt in just a few hours.

"I'm gonna go home now," Taehyung felt too ill to stay, Jeongguk stopped packing his things and raised his eyebrows, "I feel seriously ill,"

"I'm coming with you then,"

"Okay," Taehyung wanted the boy by his side anyway. Jeongguk helped him pack his things and carried his bag since the younger could barely walk straight.

Jeongguk also snaked an arm around him, ignoring the states they were getting as they walked down the hallway and to the gates instead. His concerned eyes never left Taehyung who was breathing heavy and swallowing a lot since he was minutes away from throwing up.

"Do you want to stop at my apartment so you can rest there for a bit?" Jeongguk offered the boy who shook his head.

"I just wanna hurry and go home," His voice cracked. Jeongguk walked slightly faster and debated carrying Taehyung home.

Which he eventually did end up doing even though Taehyung squealed and whined in protest. Laughter spilled out of them as they hurried home, getting looks from strangers around them.

"You better not throw up all over me," Jeongguk lightly scolded the boy who laughed and buried his face into his chest.

"Then put me down! This is so embarrassing everyone's staring," he whined and grabbed onto Jeongguk's shoulders tightly.

"Well, we're here now," Jeongguk announced once they were a few minutes away which is when he carefully put Taehyung down. He held onto the boys hand anyway, and gave it a tight squeeze, "Don't freak out about the kids, they aren't going anywhere,"

"I'll try," Taehyung nervously stopped in front of the house, "I don't think she's coming here until they finish school, so I won't need to stress just yet," He pulled out his, shoving them into the keyhole and unlocking the door slowly.

His smile dropped when a woman who looked awfully like his mother stopped talking in the kitchen. Her angry expression faded the second her eyes landed on the boy, and instead a look of relief and surprise took over.

"Taehyung," A sweet motherly voice called out, her delicate frame running over to the boy who was completely frozen, "Oh my God," she sobbed, wrapping her arms around Taehyung who was still processing it all.

Shock was in control of him. He hadn't expected the woman to be home already, if he had knew he probably would've stayed in school until it was dark. But, right now he was glad he hadn't.

A tear dropped from his eye and he slowly wrapped his arms around the woman's waist, his head being brought into her shoulder which he began to break into.

Jeongguk watched with tears eyes, ignoring the man standing still in the kitchen also watching. It felt like a huge relief to see Taehyung in the arms of someone who could take care of him. It was an emotional sight to see him sobbing so hard and being pulled into the house which allowed him to step inside too.

"It's fine, you're fine now," The woman sweetly spoke and caressed the crying boys head, wiping her own tears away and smiling at Jeongguk who tried his best to do the same.

"P-please don't take Mina and Minjoon away," Taehyung sobbed making the woman sadly laugh and pull away although Taehyung didn't want to. It felt as if his mother was alive and hugging him.