two.

Taehyung let out a stressful sigh, seated on the floor with his legs crossed and files scattered on the living room table. Jeongguk was humming in the kitchen, mixing some type of drink for the younger.

"What are you doing?" Jeongguk spoke as he walked over to Taehyung with two mugs in his hands, placing them on the areas where there was any room.

"Research, I want the end of my programme to go well and the start of my training to be easy," Taehyung mumbled and played a video, watching a surgery take place with a blank expression which always amazed Jeongguk.

Taehyung always amazed him, the boy had managed to work incredibly hard after everything to graduate med school. Initially they were meant to go university together until Jeongguk dropped out to get a job to support them, and then Taehyung decided to pursue med school.

Jeongguk didn't mean to undermine Taehyung, he just thought that the boy would want to do something more peaceful after a terrifying life. But, instead he decided to study hard to become a neurosurgeon.

"Take a break, you've been at it since we came back from Mina's," Jeongguk crouched down with Taehyung who gave him a soft smile.

"We should try and visit them often, it's nice seeing them," Taehyung leaned against the couch behind them and wrapped his arms around  Jeongguk's bicep.

"No, I don't like having to stay calm around them and having to keep hiding these," Jeongguk ran his finger against Taehyung's marked neck, smirking when Taehyung blushed and pushed his hand away.

"I have the day off tomorrow too, do you want to do anything?" Taehyung asked the man who leaned forward, cupping his soft cheeks with one hand.

"I wanna stay in bed with you, all day," he whispered against Taehyung's lips.

"You did that last night, fix your sex addiction," Taehyung tutted and pushed Jeongguk away.

"We can go on a date if you want," Jeongguk suggested to Taehyung, cooing silently when his face lit up in excitement, "But you can't start a fight this time,"

"I will if I have a guy asking me out again and again and then getting all bitchy when I say no- whys it always when you go to the toilet too?" Taehyung huffed at all the memories.

"Sorry, I'll never piss again for you," Jeongguk laughed with Taehyung and placed an arm around him, "Drink your hot chocolate that you made me run out for,"

"Made you? All I said was that I was in the mood for hot chocolate and then you ran out in the rain for it," Taehyung tutted and picked up his mug, taking careful sips incase it was too hot.

"It's raining quite hard out there, I think it'll thunder," Jeongguk stared at the curtains that were blocking the view outside. Just then, lightening flashed in the cracks of the curtains making Taehyung jump and almost choke on his hot chocolate, "Dumbass."

"Fuck off," Taehyung coughed into his arm, jumping again when it flashed outside. When he didn't laugh, Jeongguk grew worried and quickly began to pat his back.

"Are you okay?" He worriedly asked the other who nodded, finally calming down.

"I'll forever hate thunderstorms," Taehyung mumbled, glaring at the windows which made Jeongguk laugh, "Where do you want to go tomorrow then?"

"Nowhere can we just stay inside," Jeongguk whined, burying his face into Taehyung's neck which made the other giggle due to the ticklish feeling.

Eventually, it fell silent again, the two leaned against each other with smiles on their faces and they stared ahead lost in thought. Taehyung couldn't help but think about how far they had come, and the amount of things had changed between them.

Strangely, Taehyung thought a lot about their past together and although they were at a much better place now, he missed the past. He missed having two kids running around and taking care of them, with and without Jeongguk being there.

Lately all his life was working and coming home to his loving boyfriend — it's a delight to considering how bad it was for him in the past, but it wasn't the same without Mina and Minjoon. The two were older now in a better environment too so they didn't need him as much as they did 7 years ago.

Taehyung slowly opened his mouth, hesitating on his next question, "Would you ever want to adopt kids?"

Jeongguk raised his eyebrows in surprise, sitting up to face Taehyung, "Kids?"

"Yeah," Taehyung grew nervous, analysing Jeongguk's reaction carefully.

"Yeah, but not right now. We're still young and I think we should get married first," Jeongguk smirked at Taehyung who shyly looked away, "Why? You want some now?"

"I don't know," Taehyung mumbled, "I just really miss having little Mina and Minjoon running around. It's like everyone's grown up and moved on but I'm still stuck in that moment and I don't wanna leave it either."

"Tae, you feel like that because you took care of them for what? 14 years? It's gonna be difficult to get used to not having them around even if it's been 7 years already- it's like taking a kid away from a parent," Jeongguk placed an arm around him again, "Don't make such a big decision based on a feeling that'll last for a while. Maybe once you're used to the freedom you have now you'll realise that you like it this way."

"Yeah maybe," Taehyung mumbled, resting his head against Jeongguk's shoulder, staring out of the window with a numb feeling.

How much longer is it gonna take?

Forgot I was supposed to update this my bad