Café Musain

Eloise tried to scream but found she was unable. Instead, she bit the hand of her captor, forcing him to let go of her mouth just long enough to release a shrill yell into the night. Footsteps echoed through the streets, had someone heard her cry?

"Monsieur, please let the kind lady go." The man emerged from a side street, and swiftly punched her captor in the jaw than in the neck and his grip on Eloise released. He let out a yell before scrambling back into darkness. A new set of hands pulled her up from the pavement, "Mademoiselle, I thought you would come get the job I offered you earlier." Grantaire. He is my rescuer this night.

"Thank you, Monsieur Grantaire. I had set out for this Cafe Musain but lost my way and then... you saved me. Could you do me one favor more and show me to this job opportunity, Monsieur?"

"It will be my pleasure. But call me Grantaire, better yet, just R would suffice, Now, let's get you to the Café."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Enjolras, where is Grantaire this time? I thought he was staying with you for a few days?" Courfeyrac asked, not really concerned about the absent drunk, just merely curious why it was so quiet in the cafe.

"How should I know, he's always wandering, no doubt finding a bottle of wine to bring." Grantaire normally would bring extra alcohol to Cafe Musain, fearing they would run out before he passed out.

"Or, unexpectedly, a lady friend. Come and look out the window, Enjolras." Courfeyrac began to laugh as Enjolras joined him in watching Grantaire approach the Cafe, arm and arm with a girl.

That's her. The girl with his jacket, the one who showed up at his flat. Here, at the Cafe. He felt his face get slightly red, but quickly walked to the table where all the plans laid. What was wrong with him?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Grantaire grabbed Eloise's hand, pulling her into the Café Musain, guiding her to the room which hi friends met. He knew Enjolras liked her and of he was happy, Grantaire could find a way to be. All eyes turned towards him and Eloise, some with curiosity and others with annoyance.

With a grin, Courfeyrac waltzed to Eloise and gently grabbed her dirty hand, kissed it lightly and said, "Dear me, it is so nice to have the pleasure of meeting Grantaire's lady friend." Both Grantaire and Eloise became quiet red in the face and tried to explain.

"No, no, Courf, you've got it wrong..."

"Monsieur, beg pardon you are mistaken..."

"You see, Enjolras..."

"Monsieur Enjolras helped me..."

Courfeyrac, a half grin spreading, exclaimed, "So you are Enjolras' s lady friend? Enjy, your attractive lady friend has arrived. Why didn't you tell me you had such a good taste in women? Oh my, what does Patria think?" He began to laugh along with all the other boys, except Enjolras, of course.

"Good monsieur, let me explain, you have it wrong yet again. I live on the streets and Monsieur Enjolras helped me stay warm with his coat and stay fed with some coins. Then Monsieur Grantaire brought me here to get a good job." Eloise, after explaining herself to these complete strangers, felt very flustered and walked to the table in the corner and sat in a wooden chair.

A few minutes later, when most had gone back to their own business, Courfeyrac sat himself across from Eloise and apologized for the earlier mistake. "Mademoiselle, my humblest apologies about our misunderstanding. By the way my name is Courfeyrac, no monsieur, just Courfeyrac and I would want nice lady friend if you were available."

"No thank you, Mon- Courfeyrac. I think I'll decline your offer today." Felling slightly embarrassed for the third time that evening, Eloise got up, only to abruptly run into Enjolras.

"Mademoiselle, only around you am I so clumsy. Oh, apologies again, but I don't think I caught your name." Enjolras tried to be charming, but though he was doing quite lousy. He would have to ask Courf about these things.

"Eloise, Monsieur, and please no mademoiselle nonsense."

"Eloise." Enjolras said, finding the sound quite pleasant. "I am sorry about Courfeyrac, over there. Although he speaks the truth, he would flirt with a table if he was in a bad mood."

Eloise let a laugh escape her lips, she knew that she was going to like working around this place, especially if it meant being around these new people.