Love Changes People

Grantaire woke up mid-morning from the most restful sleep he had had in a long time. Enjolras was still sleeping, his head resting upon Grantaire's chest; he looked so peaceful as he sleep, so calm, so young. It showed a softer side to his Apollo, the strong and passionate leader who was wise beyond his years.

Slowly, so he did not wake Enjolras, Grantaire slipped from under the covers and off of the bed. He carefully made his way to the kitchen, his mind set on making breakfast for Enjolras. Grantaire soon realized that Enjolras did not own much as far as spices and food went, so he settled on making some scrambled eggs. Grantaire took out two plates and two glasses, soon the small table was set for breakfast.

He was just finishing making everything look perfect when he felt two strong arms wrap around his waist.

"Good morning, 'Taire. You've been busy, I see." Enjolras whispered into Grantaire's ear.

"Yes, I made you breakfast. I hope you like it, Apollo."

Enjolras let go and pulled out a chair for Grantaire, then sat in the opposite one.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Combeferre stood outside Eloise's doorway, gaining the courage needed to knock. He raised his knuckles to the door and was just about to knock when the door opened from within.

"Oh good morning, Combeferre! I was just on my way to visit you!" Eloise said, standing in her doorway.

"Good morning, Eloise. I was coming over here because I was wondering if you were available and willing to, um, well, do you want to have lunch at the park? With me?" The usually articulate Combeferre stuttered.

"Why yes, Combeferre, I'd love to go!" Eloise said as Combeferre released a sigh of relief.

Combeferre offered Eloise his arm and she gladly accepted; the two walked to the park and enjoy a lovely lunch. But as the day dragged on, and Combeferre was escorting Eloise home, he still hadn't told her how he felt about her or asked her about how she felt about him.

When they reached Eloise's door, she said, "Thank you, 'Ferre, I had a lovely time."

"It was my pleasure, Eloise. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, Combeferre." Just as she began to close the door, Combeferre suddenly had a moment of abrupt thinking and he stopped the door with his hand.

"Eloise, wait!" He exclaimed, "The reason I asked you to lunch is because there is something I would like to say to you."

"Alright, what would you like to tell me?"

"Eloise, you are unlike any other girl I've ever met. You're kind, you would never try to hurt someone, and you are lovely, every move you make is like a dance. Eloise, you are beautiful, you are the most beautiful being on Earth and no other girl has every drawn my attention in such a way before. Eloise, I suppose I've fallen in love with you." Combeferre waited and watched Eloise, anxious for a response.

Eloise gazed into Combeferre's eyes for a moment and then a smile crossed her face, "Oh, 'Ferre, thank you for those kind words that I'm certainly not deserving of. Combeferre, you are gentle and cautious, but sharp witted and quick, your movements are soft and calculated and you are wonderful."

"So you feel the same?" Combeferre said, he felt himself beginning to smile.

"Yes, I believe I do. Combeferre, I am in love with you."

"Thank heavens, I was so nervous all day, it was very unlike me."

"Love changes people, Combeferre, whether it is for the good or bad." Eloise said softly.