A Day in Paris

When Grantaire opened the door to Enjolras's apartment, he was surprised find Enjolras was not awake. The bedroom door was slightly ajar so he entered and began to laugh, waking Eloise.

"Congratulations, Eloise. This is the closest Enjolras had ever come to sleeping with someone." Grantaire said, motioning to Enjolras, now slumped on the edge of the bed.

"Good morning, Grantaire." Eloise says, slowing getting up trying not to disturb Enjolras. "In all honesty this is the closest I've ever come to sleeping with someone." Both Eloise and Grantaire left the room and went to make breakfast for themselves an Enjolras. Getting three pieces of bread, Grantaire turned on th stove. Eloise pulled out a pitcher holding water and got three glasses.

"Um, only two glasses, I have my own beverage." Grantaire says, motioning to a bottle on the table.

"This early in the morning?"

"Of course. How else do you expect me to get through the day?"

"I don't know, with positivity?"

"Positivity? Really?" Grantaire questions. Taking the toast off the stove, he place three plates on the table as Eloise set down the two glasses. They both took a seat at the table when the bedroom door opened and Enjolras stumbled out.

"Morning sunshine! Sit down we've already made breakfast." Eloise cheerfully piped.

"Yes, sit at the breakfast table with your real family." Grantaire said, taking a rather large drink. "She's your mother and I'm your father and you're our little Apollo Eloise Grantaire." He slurred at Enjolras.

"Good God, I've woken up to a nightmare! You're," Enjolras said pointing to Eloise, "Supposed to be in bed. And you, Grantaire, I just don't know any more what to do with a wine casket."

"Just sit and eat your toast, Enjolras, then calm down because I am just fine and am able to function." Eloise claimed.

"In that case, we shall go out today. You need new clothes unless you fancy wearing that old dress and my jacket everyday." Enjolras stated, not leaving room for any argument.

"I'm coming too! You may need a chaperone." Grantaire laughed, sipping his wine again.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Once breakfast was finished, they all headed out to the shops of Paris. Grantaire walked arm in arm with Eloise who laughed as he began to sing.

" Au clair de la lune,
Mon ami Pierrot,
Prête-moi ta plume
Pour écrire un mot.
Ma chandelle est morte,
Je n'ai plus de feu.
Ouvre-moi ta porte
Pour l'amour de Dieu."

Grantaire, still singing, linked his other arm with Enjolras, much to his discomfort. Leading them to a small shop by the bakery, Enjolras detached himself and held open the door.

"Why thank you, Apollo." Grantaire says, entering first.

"Yes, thank you, Enjolras." Eloise says, Enjolras nods then flows behind.

Eloise couldn't believe her eyes at the sight before her. Mannequins lined on wall, modeling simple, but beautiful dresses in many colors and styles. She was drawn to one particularly dress with red fabric and blue lace ribbon in the back.

"Do you like that dress? We can purchase that one if you like." Enjolras said, moving to stand next to Eloise.

"I love it, but don't bother buying it if it is too expensive."

"This is a secondhand dress shop with clothing from the rich who where displeases with their customized attire. It is not too much money."

"Get this one, too! So you don't always have to match colors with Enjolras!" Grantaire interjected, holding up a dark grey dress very simple and perfect for normal days.

A shop attendant came over and Enjolras purchased the dresses for Eloise as well as a black coat and a new pair of boots. When they were all outside again, white fluffy flakes of snow began to fall.

"Enjolras, I'm not sure how I can thank you!"

Then Grantaire, with a sly smile said, "How about a kiss? I'm sure Enjy would love that."

"No!" Both Eloise and Enjolras exclaimed as Grantaire laughed.

"I mean, I think that would be unnecessary." Enjolras added.

"Your cheeks are almost as red as her new dress! Apollo, what's wrong with you?" Grantaire replied, then under his breath so only Enjolras could hear he said, "I'd say you fancy her."

"You're drunk, Grantaire."

"No, well maybe, but I'm also observant."

Hello Readers!
I really hope you all are enjoying this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it! Sorry that this chapter was a bit shorter than the others! The next one will be longer!
-Kira