Chapter 18 - Love Story

Natasha PoV:
We got to the hospital a couple minutes later. There was a medical team waiting for us. They got her on a stretcher and took her away to surgery. I tried to go with her but they said I wasn't allowed. I was trying my best not to cry in front of everyone but I wasn't doing a good job. Mascara was down my face and I was shaking.

Clint helped me up and helped me into the hospital. He got me a glass of water and I calmed down a bit. I wasn't crying anymore but I was still shaking a little.

We're behind a window watching them perform the surgery. I couldn't help but notice all of the scars on her arm. It made me feel sad that she felt like she had to hurt herself.

After 3 hours they were finally done. Katya is in the recovery room and I'm next to her waiting for her to wake up. I can't help but blame myself. If I had went to talk her out of it quicker all of this would've been prevented.

Katya's eyes opened and flickered around the room. The doctor came in. "Ah good your awake." He said while walking over to her, he put his hand on her shoulder. "Get off me!" She said while slapping his hand away. "I need to check the bandage to make sure you don't get an infection." The doctor explained and Katya let him check the bandage. "How are you feeling?" He asked and she smiled. "I'm feeling great!" She said while giggling. She was high as a kite. "Ok good, do you know who this is?" He asked while pointing to me. "Duh!" She said while rolling her eyes. "That's Natalia." She said in a sassy tone. "Ok everything seems fine once the painkillers and anaesthesia wear off come find me and we can start the blood transfusion." He said while trying to suppress his laugh. Katya was holding a flower out for me to take. "Thank you." I said while laughing. 

The doctor left and I put the flower on the side. "Your so pretty!" She said while looking at me in awe. "You're so high right now." I said while trying not to laugh. "Do you love me?" She asked and I didn't have to think twice about my answer. "Yeah." I told her and she smiled. "I love you too." She said while sitting up. "Can I have a kiss?" She asked and I jokingly rolled my eyes. I gave her a kiss and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I need a wee." She told me as she got up. "The bathroom is right across the hall." I told her and she nodded.

Katerina PoV:
I'm coming out the bathroom at the moment and I saw a vending machine down the hall so I had to go see if they had KitKats. They did but i didn't have any money so I used my powers to get a few. As I bent down to pick them up I turned around and saw Bucky. I grabbed my KitKats, put them in my sling and ran back to the room.

"Your not gonna guess who I just saw." I said while opening my Kit Kat. "Who?" Natasha asked intrigued with who I was gonna say. "Bucky. I didn't say anything to him though, he looked kinda scared of me." I explained to her and she quickly got up and rushed out the room.

I followed her and we both saw Steve dragging Bucky away. I waved at them and once Steve saw me his face dropped. A nurse came up to me and offered me a lemon popsicle. Obviously I accepted and then Nat lead me back to the bed.

I quickly ate my popsicle. "Can I sing for you?" I asked Natasha and she smiled. "Can I record you?" She asked and I nodded. I grabbed the tv remote to use as a microphone and Natasha gave me the thumbs up to start singing.

"We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
I'm standin' there
On a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, 'Hello'
Little did I know" I sung and Natasha was just laughing.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles
And my daddy said, 'Stay away from Juliet'
And I was cryin' on the staircase
Beggin' you, 'Please don't go, ' and I said

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while, oh oh" I sung while doing dance.

"Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said, 'Stay away from Juliet'
But you were everything to me
I was beggin' you, 'Please don't go, ' and I said
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'
Romeo, save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'
Oh, oh

I got tired of waiting
Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said
Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, 'Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
'Cause we were both young when I first saw you." I sang while Natasha was pissing herself with laughter.

"Did you like it?" I asked and she nodded. "I want to see my performance." I demanded and she handed me the phone. I watched the video and I nodded. "I think the one at the compound was much better." I explained to her and she agreed.

"Do you remember how you got shot?" Natasha asked and I nodded again. "It was The Winter Soldier." I told her and she gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry Katya." "It's fine, I got a free popsicle."

My shoulder was slowly starting to hurt so I'm presuming the drugs are wearing off. "I want to go home." I said as I got another KitKat out of my sling. "After the doctors have given you some blood then we will see." She told me and I rolled my eyes.

"How are you doing?" Clint asked as he barged in. "Amazing, do you want a Kit Kat?" I questioned while taking another one out my sling. "I wouldn't mind one actually." He said while accepting the chocolate bar. Natasha just rolled her eyes.