Chapter 5 - better off as friends

Katerina PoV:
Steve knocked on my door and opened it. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded. He held his hand out and I took it without hesitation. He kissed it and I laughed at him. "You don't have to treat me like royalty you know." I said and he looked at me funny. "If your gonna be my girl, you will be treated like royalty." He said and I jokingly rolled my eyes as we walked down the corridor. "Why are you so nervous?" I asked and he looked at me. "Because I'm going to a party and my date is the prettiest one there so everyone if gonna be trying to get with her." He said and I kissed him on the cheek. "I promise that if I'm getting with someone tonight it will be you." I reassured him and he blushed.

"Let's get a drink." He said as he pulled me over to the bar. "Can I have a vodka and coke please." I said to the bar tender and he nodded. "Same for me." Steve said and the bartender nodded. We got our drinks and went to sit on the couch. I saw Natasha making out with Bruce and rolled my eyes. We spoke for a bit and got more drinks.

Some how we ended up in the corner making out. I saw Natasha staring at us but it's not like she could be jealous she's the one who basically forced me to move on.

She came over to us. "Katerina can I talk to you for a second." She asked and I turned to look at her. "K. I will be back in a bit Steve." I said and she pulled me upstairs.

"What are you doing?" She asked. "Uh what are you doing?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "I thought you were dead so I moved on! You should do the same and I don't mean use Steve as a rebound because he deserves better than that!" She yelled. "Oh my god you are so full of yourself! I have moved on and I like Steve, truly like him so stop being so fucking self centred and get over yourself Natalia! Not everything is about you!" I yelled back at her and she took a step back when she noticed the purple sparks at my finger tips. "Calm down." She said as she put her hand up and tired to touch me. "Get off!" I shouted at her as I walked away and tried to get away from everyone.

I ran outside and collapsed onto the floor. A ring of magic exploded out of me and I looked at my hands in disgust. I heard someone behind me. I immediately turned around and saw a teenage boy standing there. "Uh hi, I'm Peter and I was wondering if you were ok." He said and I nodded. "I'm fine." I said. "We should probably go back inside." He said and I nodded. I liked this kid.

When we went back in and I saw Steve in the corner making out with a random girl. Great. I sat at the bar and ordered another drink. "Can I have vodka please." I asked. "A shot?" The bartender asked. "No a glass of vodka." I said and he looked concerned but did it anyway. I quickly drunk it and went to go upstairs.

Someone grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going." Tony asked and I could tell he was drunk. "To sleep." I said and he looked at me funny. "No we were just about to play a game." He told me and I rolled my eyes. "Ok fine." I said as he dragged me over to the couch where everyone else was. Most of the other people had left.

Steve sat next to me and put his hand on my leg but I quickly pushed his hand off me. He looked confused but I just rolled my eyes. Natasha seemed to pick up on this.

"Katerina truth or dare?" Tony asked. "Truth."
"The last lie you told?" He asked and I took a sip of my beer. "That I moved on." I replied while looking Natasha dead in the eye. She looked away and I smirked. "Natasha truth or dare?" I asked. "Dare." She said and I laughed. "I dare you to kiss the hottest person in the room." I said and everyone looked at Bruce. She got up and walked over to me. Our lips connected and everyone laughed, except from Bruce.

"Nat what the fuck?" Bruce asked and she pulled away and looked at him. I read his mind and he was truly hurt. "Relax Bruce I still love you." She said and I looked down. She loved him. Wow.

I got up and went to my room. I collapsed onto the bed and thought about how it would of been if I escaped with her. We could be together. I got changed into some more comfortable clothes and got back in bed. I played with my necklace. There was a knock at my door. "Come in." I said and it was Steve. "Why are you annoyed with me?" He asked and I turned to face him. "Because I saw you making out with a random girl." I explained and he looked down. "Look I think we will be better as friends because your clearly not into me like that and I'm into someone else." I explained and he nodded. "I'm sorry for kissing that girl." He said as he looked up at me. I gave him a hug and he went back to his room.

I kept the door open 3 inches. I slowly fell asleep while thinking about the kiss with Natasha.