19| Swap

_Third Person_

"(Y/n) look out!" Uegh, Rascal thinks to himself, my voice.

It is strange for the joker to see (y/n) get knocked down with Glitter Peace's lightning, even after the warning.

"I don't know what I'm doing!" She calls, getting up wobbly from the ground and back into an attack stance. The yellow electricity still pulses around her.

That's fair, Rascal doesn't know either. The two of them would actually know what they were doing if they hadn't gone down to gather negative energy two minutes after it happened. And that's why Rascal is suddenly and unexpectedly hit with a gush of icy wind, then sliced open with Glitter Breeze's sword.

Blood runs down his arm.

The jester has taken too many hits now, and his knees buckle underneath him as he falls to the ground.

This was a bad idea.

"Seriously!?" Comes (Y/n)'s angered call when she sees Rascal's injury, and turns back to the girls with a scowl. Even the pesky Glitter Force stop for a millisecond mid-fight with wide eyes. But then (y/n) becomes the target to Glitter Sunny's raging fire shot.

Rascal has no energy left to warn her. (Y/n) tries flinging her arm out in some peculiar attempt to block the shot, but fails miserably and is knocked down at once. Fire singes the clothes.

Great~

"Quick! They're both down!" The pixie squeals from the sidelines. "Do the tiara mode now!"

The five girls waste no time.

"All together! Activate tiara mode!"

"Torrent!"

The two creatures defeated on the ground stare up at the incoming torrent. Rascal grimaces, placing a hand over the fresh cut along his upper arm to stop the bleeding.

Not his arm. (Y/n)'s.

Brooha's newest invention doesn't in fact body-swap pixies, like the prank it was made for, but of course it can body-swap the non-pixies in the Shadow Realm. Waking up in the others' body was not Rascal's nor (y/n)'s ideal morning.

Warm blood spreads against the joker's hand within seconds, slipping through his fingertips. He presses down hard to protect it and glowers when the two are hit with the torrent.

(Y/n) – who is currently in Rascal's body, is soon consumed by a dull ache. Rascal looks over to her and sees her frown.

Since the jester is the original creator of each buffoon nose, some of his negative energy is stored in every one of them, therefore once a buffoon is defeated, that negative energy is then stripped from Rascal, wherever he may be, ignorant to whoever has turned the buffoon into its monstrous form.

It's quite painful.

Rascal should feel lucky when he doesn't feel it this time, but for some reason, he doesn't like the fact (y/n) is enduring it.

No! She deserves it! Let her feel it for once! The joker's thoughts battle back, still confused about what happened a couple weeks ago, after the congress.

Long story short, the buffoon is defeated, Queen Euphoria sends down a charm, the Glitter Force take it and immediately teleport it away.

Rascal feels exhausted. Surely (y/n) doesn't feel this drained after a battle. Something is different.

He feels as if he hasn't gotten any sleep.

-Your POV-

"Your – I mean – my arm~" You say once staggering your way over to Rascal, wincing slightly when catching sight of the bloody mess.