38| Unfortunate Inevitable

Disregard all that I said before, I've been so sick for the past week and haven't been able to write at all, I am so sorry for the wait guys I know it's so close!! Finally feeling like myself again and have been working on the story a bit today, so I'm just going to post a chapter. 

Also ^^^ This is Morpheus 

---

"Please do not tell me you have named it the 'unhappy ending clock,' or something."

An uneventful few days it has been in the Shadow Realm. An eventful few days it has been in Rascal's Circus... Now the two of you are back, and still no one is able to gather negative energy or fight the Glitter Force. Might as well give them a couple days off when eternal despair is right around the corner, most likely the second Nogo returns.

For a second the joker looks at you with a frozen pinched expression, then it breaks. "Like I've said before~ names are not what's important. Besides~ I haven't even created it yet, that's todays' activity~"

As Rascal says this to you, you see that the level of hesitation has increased towards reviving Nogo.

"Look, Rascal," you begin, heaviness building inside your chest, "is there anything you wanted to talk – "

" – Oh-ho, look at the time, off I go now! It won't be long until I return dearie heh~" The joker stops you short by pulling you in one last time, with a soft gaze behind the mask, and you melt. "Be safe~" Rascal gives you a peck on the cheek, forehead, then lastly a gentle press against your lips before an explosion of purple smoke and cards announce his departure.

After a round of butterflies, swoop to the stomach and immediate warmth that spreads through your body curtesy of the joker, you sigh. It truly must be hard to digest the thoughts fighting against the others.

...

Your plans for today are simple. Unlike the jester, you have had enough of pushing things away. The visions are worsening, the pain and the duration too. Enough is enough. You want to find Morpheus. Maybe he has some thoughts.

Though there is something you are struggling to admit. Dying would be quick wouldn't it? No! You are not dying. Not for a while anyway, though the visionist curse is deadly for a reason and you have no idea how much longer this can go on for...and how much you can take.

The stoned walls and archways are crowded today, perhaps the most crowded it has been in a while. A couple of times you pass by a familiar face, though the same grave expression is splayd onto every single creatures face as they race in different directions.

Any moment now Nogo will return and things will be set in motion. Luckily you still have the charms. 15 of them to be exact. One more. One more fight and then war will commence. Half of these creatures look worried, unsure what to do or where to go and you hardly catch a glimpse of any other fighters like yourself.

You begin attracting numerous stares as you head for the Guardian of Fear's sanctuary. At first you assume it is because all the other fighters are in training and therefore that is where they think you should be, so you maintain a poised expression for the entirety of the way. But then it all hits as the stares seem to illuminate a sense of respect, awe, admiration and acknowledgement.

They are staring at you because you have been helping defeat the Glitter Force. They are staring at you because you are seen as a hero. Of course this is what has been circulating about recently.

Just as you turn into the last corridor before reaching your destination, you feel another gazing into the side of your face by the entry. It feels different this time and from the corner of your eye you see the familiar colours of red and blue.