32 - Twilight Buffoon

~Rascal's POV~

I watch, and wait, and listen. It's a nice feeling having someone next to me to fall asleep, I've never had the company before! Especially nice, because it's with (y/n).

The magic bearer falls asleep first, and I watch it happen. First her heart rate speeds the second I join her, even her face becomes flushed red. Then slowly, she stops trailing her hand across my chest and face and her heart rate slows. I pull her onto me and continue trailing my hands across her shoulders and beautiful hair. Why did no one tell me that hair is so soft and lovely to touch? To style? As I continue trailing my fingernails into (y/n)'s hair over and over again, I have a think.

I've noticed myself thinking differently, perhaps a better word to use would be properly. Now that I'm aware of who my mother and father are – even though I can't do anything about it – it's better to have some closure. Or at least some knowledge.

My father. Eugh. Calling him that is almost hilarious, he never really was one.

Anyway, I had the right to know and know he wants to kill be unless I revive him very soon.

As I lay there with the magic bearer in my arms, I'm not able to sleep with these thoughts running around. I am able to survive longer without sleep than negative energy, so I've gotten away with pushing sleep for the minute with everything going on.

Perks...of being...the Emperor's son.

"Thank you for joining us," I softly say to (y/n) who is fast asleep and resting against my chest, "I'm glad you did~" The smell of her hair is delightful, I rest my jaw on her head, cradling her body and keeping my arms ever so tightly supported around her.

I get to sleep, in the end. Usually my dreams are plain, sometimes abstract. They make little to no sense at all, almost like a never ending colourful tunnel. Though besides all this, they contain an unusual amount of emotion and strange energy, like positive and negative mixed. I don't like it at all.

Though this time, it's different. This time I arrive right in front of the Wheel-of-Doom, its purple engravings barely able to flicker even though the little hand is close to cranking to the 17 out of 22. A cold gust of wind heavily hangs in the air. Anxiety spreads throughout my body.

"Rascal!" Comes the booming voice of no other but my father.

I gulp, then answer in annoyance. "Yes Emperor Nogo?~"

"Where is that energy!?"

Clenching my jaw, I answer his question. "It's been two days~ If you wanted to be revived earlier, you should have thought of that before giving my memories back!~"

"Speaking back are we? I assume returning your memories was indeed a mistake."

I scowl. "It was the opposite of a mistake actually. The mistake is your timing~"

A grumble escapes through the air, and even though I'm floating, I feel it rumbling in my chest.

"It was for your own good Rascal! There is still so much you do not know, and if I were you, I would be doing everything in my power to revive my master in order to-"

"To what!?~" I interrupt, "stay alive?~ I know you just want what I have of Euphoria's energy so that you can drain it all for yourself and revive once and for all! You have for years~ threatening me and now I know the truth behind it~"

Another severe grumble insinuates that I've angered him beyond repair.

"True or not, have you ever wondered why I asked (y/n) to join you? One of the first things she said to you once arriving in the Shadow Realm!? What do you think I offered for in replace as her rank to me!?"