Epilogue

Song: 'If it's real, then I'll stay' - Bonjr

Out of the many ways you have gone about it, that was certainly not the greatest. It was hard once waking up, hard to get by, tough to accept the memories, difficult to stop blaming yourself for yet another failure. Coming to terms with the fact that there was nothing you could have done to prevent it all, has been by far the worst to learn to accept.

You didn't wake up in the dungeons. Or the Shadow Realm. Or anywhere in Ilusan. After the curse took over, and after the explosion, your story had come to an end. And you woke up in your bed. On planet earth.

Right where you belong.

Time. It was your time in Ilusan and in the Shadow Realm that had come to an end. You were never dying, you were being pulled back home.

How you wish you could have changed so many different things about the ending, that is what you were there for anyway. Well. Not quite. Are you selfish for going back there so many times when knowing deep down that the outcome was always going to be the same? Maybe. You weren't just there to change the ending, you were there to make amends, to repeat and heal but most importantly you were there for the jester. Like you said, the pain did not matter.

Of course it was all forgotten. It was all written to be forgotten.

Rascal was the Emperor and the Queen's son. It was days of thought that you had realised there was never going to be a happy ending for him, no matter how many times you try, that he had shown his true colours when he had turned the creatures against the Emperor, his own father. Queen Euphoria's death was inevitable, therefore Emperor Nogo was always going to be furious, full of regret and unable to manage his emotions. Nothing else mattered to him anymore. Not Rascal, who had, without a fail, served him loyally throughout his entire life.

Then your curse was foreseeable too and absolutely not planned. The many times you have tried, it has always happened, a side effect of your travelling, but you had no idea what it was or why it kept happening.

All you wished was for the Glitter Force to win. And Rascal to live. But they don't go together, and never will.

You knew he had good inside of him. He wasn't the cold-hearted villain like most think, there is always another side to a story and no one but you was given it.

Upon waking, you were nothing short of confused, that was, until finding your hand clamped around the pages of your novel. Not a novel, a script. Everything that had happened, every event, conversation and memory – was all planned. It was all written out, but it was written to be forgotten.

You had found a way to mend the ache in your heart that you thought would never mend, created a whole different life for yourself, spending years within it, inside another reality. You grew up, you trained, you made friends, you fought and you battled the Glitter Force.

And you fell in love with an impossible joker.

You fell in love with Rascal and he fell in love with you.