29| A Quiet Night

The joker pulls away just as fast as he leant in, appearing very rattled and very red in the face. Judging by his reaction, you wonder for a moment whether he regrets kissing you.

The two of you stare at each other for a second, you become hesitant, but then Rascal's shock suddenly eases.

"I~," but the jester is not able to finish the sentence, if he has one at all. Both of you lean in again hesitantly, lips colliding again soon after.

When you kiss him, your heart powers on, pumping passion through your veins like a thousand of those sparks. At the same time, anxious excitement twists and tangles into your nervous system. This time, you lift your hand to grasp the side of his face, while Rascal pulls you in further from the waist. Seeing and feeling the jester up this close is beautifully mesmerising, the smell of him compelling far from reason.

Blood boils against your lips pressed against Rascal's. You are giddy with desire, curled up at the base of the jester's bed in each other's arms, and very close. For a cold-hearted creature, the joker is very warm.

Rascal likes you back. It is a strange feeling, though an exciting one. You are feeling too many feelings all at once. His hand supporting your back feels strong and safe. There is also a sense of riskiness, perhaps adventure that roams the air.

Your bodies are soon pressed together, hesitantly at first, then they could not be any closer.

Then you and the joker break away just for a second. Both of you are already out of breath, though you know this is because of the adrenaline. While you gaze at him, your mouth uncontrollably lifts into an excited smile, and to your pleasure, Rascal returns it. Then you are against each other again instantly.

His soft lips press against yours slowly, while trailing his hand into your hair for an easy grip. Rascal sounds as your hand trails his chest then make their way down to his torso. To this, the jester pulls you up and onto his lap, a hand taking the curvature of your back.

When your lips part with the joker's for the sixth time that night, he remains close, reaching out a hand to caress your face with long fingernails. The action leaves a trail of tingles across your skin.

Rascal does not smile, though he looks in peace, maybe even dazed...and still very hot in the face. He looks relaxed and safe with you close to him.

"May I touch your hair?" You ask, and Rascal nods. Up your hand travels, firstly into the purple strands at the front, ever so angelically soft. Then you reach out to glide your hands through the blue section of his hair.

Too your pleasure, the joker hums softly and closes his eyes. You wonder whether he would mine if you took a buffoon out from its section of hair, then decide it may be best to leave it where it is for now.

"You are so beautiful dearie~" The jester whispers, face still right up and close to yours so that your forehead leans against his mask. "I never want to forget you~" He says, still working around your face with his gentle fingers.

His soft words make your body melt and your heart soar. Upon thanking him, he proceeds to lift your head up lightly and plant kisses around your face, butterflies exploding inside of you at each one; the top of your head, forehead, nose, cheek and then back down to your lips once more.

"I don't...I don't know what to say~" Says an obviously-overwhelmed-in-excitement jester.

"Are you still in denial?" You ask him, a slightest smirk appearing on your face.

Rascal looks you right in the eyes. "No," he shakes his head, then continues, "and you were never arrogant~."

Smiling, you turn your head towards the window, overlooking the Shadow Realms' plains. Then you suddenly feel a wetness along your cheek, then hear a chuckle.

"Rascal!" You giggle in return, wiping it off. You turn back to the joker with his tongue sticking out of a grin.

-----

short chapter today :)

aww everything is finally going so well!!!!!!

........:)