Chapter - 6

The next chapter is here guys!

Do Enjoy!!

Dinner was finally done as all of us including grandpa sat down to eat. Because of the lack of chairs on our dining table, she had no choice but to sit in between Abhishek and Siddharth.

"Here Avneet, serve everyone the food", Grandpa said. She picked the meat as she served it to him first, slammed it in Siddharth's plate and gently served Abhishek.

Siddharth scoffed at the blatant display of favoritism by Avneet. He looked at how sweetly she served the other boy and his grandfather but his food was literally being dumped in his plate.

The men talked while Avneet ate, too hungry to indulge in conversation. "Here Avneet", Abhishek said. "Try this wrap" "Oh", she was surprised as he bought it close for her to eat. She opened her mouth and he stuffed it inside.

"Damn that's good, let me make you one too." Siddharth watched as Avneet enthusiastically picked the side dishes and stuffed them in the lettuce before putting it in Abhishek's mouth. The black haired man nodded with a smile, indicating it was great.

For a second he felt a little jealous and left out. Why did he agree to even stay for dinner. Guess at that time the idea of seeing Avneet pissed seemed nice.

"Grandpa, you must try", she said putting it in his plate. Just as she was about to make one more for herself, her eyes fell on Siddharth eating silently.

'Should I give him one? I gave one to everybody else. It would be odd. Plus he helped Grandpa today. This could be a little token of appreciation.'

He picked the piece of meat and put it in his mouth until Avneet placed a wrap in his plate which was followed by a soft "try it".

For a second Siddharth was taken aback. He didn't expect to be served one too. He picked it up as he put it in his mouth. It indeed tasted nice as a small genuine smile came on his face.

After dinner they all moved to the living room. Grandpa said his good night wishes to them as he retired in his room leaving the three of us outside.

It was awkward as they all sat. Thank god Abhishek decided to speak. "Does anyone want icecream?" Avneet nodded and they both looked at Siddharth.

"No, I must leave now. Thank your Grandfather for having me. I should get going." Avneet nodded and all of three of them stepped out. Avneet and Abhishek to get ice-cream while Siddharth was about to leave.

Avneet missed the step on the front of the door, causing her to land face side on the floor.

Both men stopped as they heard a grunt and loud thud. They saw back to see Avneet on the floor, her knee and palms scraped. They rushed to her until a message made Siddharth slow down. He looked at the caller.

Confidential: He was seen in Andheri. Meet me at Timo's in 10 minutes. I have information.

Conflicted on whether to stay and help or to leave, he chose the later. Avneet winced in pain as Abhishek bent to take a look at the scraped knee. "Hold my hand", he said. "It's going to be okay".

She did as he asked and almost as his words were a command, the pain subsided a little making me relax slightly.

Siddharth watched this and something went off in his mind. This man reminded him of someone. A healer, he had known centuries ago before he was banished to Hell. But suddenly the text occupied his mind. One look at the two, he rushed out of the house to his car.