Chapter - 23

Hello Everyone!

Let's start with the chapter.

-Avneet's pov-

I looked at Siddharth and then at Abhishek who was pacing back and forth in front of us. We were made to sit two feet apart after our bathroom shenanigan was exposed.

"How long has this been going on?", he directed the question at us. "A day", I spoke meekly. "We confessed yesterday."

He looked at Siddharth for validation and the man nodded. "And what was happening in the bathroom? What hanky panky were you both upto?" "We were actually having a water war", Siddharth said.

"And then you both randomly decided to stick your lips onto each other?", the now angry man glared at us.

"No we just---", I was so embarrassed and boy, I couldn't even keep up my words. "And not-so- young man, why did you stay over?" "We were talking and fell asleep", I chimed in before he could make something wrong out of it. Abhishek eyed me in suspicion. Siddharth stretched his hand out to hold mine because he sensed that I was feeling very awkward.

"KEEP THE HAND TO YOURSELF", Siddharth immediately took it back. Abhishek was scary when he was angry. Even the lord of the underworld had to agree.

Abhishek was about to say something when the door opened and grandpa came in. He was surprised to see Siddharth. "Oh Siddharth, when did you come?"

"He didn't leave in the first place", Abhishek muttered under his breath and I shot him a 'shut the fuck up' look.

"Avneet needed help in literature", Siddharth pointed to me. "So I stopped by to give her the notes." Grandpa furrowed his eyebrows not quite catching the bait. "Where are the notes?"

"IN MY mind — in my mind", Siddharth panicked. "I will narrate it to her", at this I furiously nodded my head. Abhishek snickered and I knew that the moment Grandpa left I was going to wipe this sunshine smile of his forever.

"Oh okay, must be the new way of learning", Grandpa laughed it off. "Anyway, now that you are here, you must stay for Lunch. Abhishek can you help me with fixing the bulb in the kitchen? It has been off for two days now."

Siddharth nodded his head and Abhishek shot him an ugly look. "We are still not over this conversation", he pointed his two fingers towards his own eyes and then at us giving me the 'I will be watching you' look before going after Grandpa.

I looked at Siddharth as soon as Abhishek left. The man just smiled a sinister one before he spoke. "Do you want to continue what we were doing before we were interrupted?" "Shut up", I yelled before standing up and leaving as Siddharth laughed.

-Avneet's pov ends-

Siddharth was back at his penthouse after what had seemed like forever. He opened the door to see Rohan sprawled across the couch, a bag of chips in his hand.

"I have been waiting for you Bhai", the younger placed his snack aside before turning his attention to Siddharth. "But why are you so happy? And also is that a pink tint on your cheeks? What happened?"

The older did not reply, smiling even more as he plopped himself beside Rohan. "Oh no--", Rohan gasped. "Oh Yes--", Siddharth responded. "BHAI AHAVHAVAHWGVSCQDCW SHE ALSO LIKES YOU !?!?! AHHHH FINALLYYY", he Naruto ran across the house before landing right in front of the devil. "Tell me about how it happened---"

Siddharth narrated the incident from yesterday while Rohan kept grinning, occasionally clapping and fangirling over things.

"I never imagined after Naira that---", Rohan stopped as he realized what he was saying. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." "It's okay", Siddharth said patting the man. "It was all in the past."

"Hyung, tell me something. Do you think about how you used to like Naira and now you like her daughter?"

Siddharth looked down, clutching the pillow in his lap. "It feels a little weird but what I had for Naira was just a crush. I couldn't even get myself to confess to her and when I saw her with Kartik, I so conveniently left. It was an infatuation and I wouldn't call it love but with Avneet it is different - she makes me happy and when I see her, my world comes to a stop. No one has ever made me feel this way. When I see her sad, it hurts me and when she is happy, I cannot feel more joy. I don't know why I am experiencing human emotions like these but I don't want to stop Rohan. I want this happiness and I want to be with Avneet."

Rohan smiled to himself as he heard this. "Bhai, you deserve all happiness in the world and I am glad the girl is Avneet. I couldn't be more happier for you."

Siddharth chuckled as Rohan leaped at him, taking him in a bone crushing hug. The older bent down as he kissed Rohan's head. The man was a child and heart but Siddharth loved him with all his existence - he was his only family.

There was a sudden change in the atmosphere around and Rohan backed away as he felt that. Siddharth was already alerted. He saw the time freeze before a bright light came his way.

The portal from hell was opened and a woman walked out. "Vani", Siddharth spoke as the younger woman came and presented herself in front of him.

"Greetings my lord", she bent on her one leg and lowered her head. "Rise", as those words left Siddharth's mouth, the woman stood up.

"What brings you here Vani?", Rohan asked and the woman turned her attention to him. "I came to report of unusual activity in hell my lord. Multiple portals are being opened everywhere discreetly. A large number of demons are escaping the realms and coming on earth. Over and over again the portals are opening. We are getting worried lord, I am afraid you must come back to hell."

Siddharth's jaw hardened as he heard this. In his absence everyone really thought they could do whatever they wanted to do in hell.

"I don't need to go to hell because the source of all this is right here on earth. Vani, Rohan I need you to do everything you can and find me where Aditya is. I need his location within the next 24 hours. I don't care how you do it but bring me his whereabouts."

Rohan stepped away from Siddharth as he stood beside Vani before the both of them bowed in respect. Even when they were like brothers, Rohan on certain occasions did draw the line on their positions. Siddharth was after all his lord and the ruler of hell and hence his word was Rohan's command.

"We will find him lord, stay assured", Vani said as the both of them left leaving a furious Siddharth all by himself. He had been very lenient on his brother's acts till date but now that his actions were threatening to hurt the people he cared about, he had to put an end to him.

Do vote and comment.