Chapter - 45

Welcome back.

This is the last chapter.

"No"

"No"

"No"

Kartik yelled as he ran towards them. Siddharth put the girl on the ground as Kartik fell to his feet. She was indeed dead. Blood had dried on her clothing and the soul had left her body as soon as they returned to earth. He could feel it. The body was just an empty shell now.

"AVNEET AVNEET WAKE UP. DON'T PLAY TRICKS LIKE THIS ON YOUR FATHER PLEASE", he cried as he shook her body. He was delusional right now. He refused to believe she was dead.

Jai too was stunned to make a move. He looked at Reem who just nodded at him, tears rolling down her own eyes. He had to balance himself to stop falling to the ground. His sister, who he had always wanted to be with was dead. Who he had planned to spend the remainder of his life with and to grow old with wasn't there anymore. His sister had left him.

"Dad", he said just one word as he hugged the man who was crying on the floor beside the dead body. Kartik hugged Jai tightly as he sobbed in his son's chest. Their family was broken.

Siddharth had become numb. He couldn't feel anything inside and around him. He felt dead even more than what he already was. No amount of wailing of the others reached his ears. He just wanted Avneet. He refused to believe that she left him.

Reem bent down as she hugged the crying Jai. "Its okay. She is in a better place now", she whispered in the man's ears. But Jai didn't want her to be in a better place. He wanted her right here beside him, annoying him and teasing him for his height.

The tears finally stopped rolling down Kartik's face as he stood up. Harshly wiping his cheeks and taking a moment to calm himself, he scooted by her. He bent as he kissed her head and then her cheek.

"Find your way to heaven my daughter. May you have peace there. Be where your mother is. She will take care of you." With that he broke down into a cry again. He felt a surge of emotions. Anger and bitterness at how unfair the world was. Disbelief that his child was taken away from him. Intense shock and confusion because all of this seemed way to bad to be real. And an unexplainable fear of what the future might hold. A future without his daughter.

Abhishek removed the dagger from her stomach and threw it away. He placed his hands on her stomach and the wound slowly began to seal. Even when she was dead, he could repair her body. That way her journey in the afterlife would be much easier. His palms grazed all her wounds and they healed right in front of them. Her pale and lifeless skin showed through and Abhishek ran a hand through her hair before kissing her head, leaving wet traces of tears on her forehead.

"Sleep well princess."

A black sky.

Thunder.

Heavy downpour.

And two caskets.

Avneet and Grandfather. Both of them rested in oak coffins. The moment Jannat died, her body had turned to ash like it happened with every demon.

On the side stood Rohan, Abhishek, Reem, Jai and Bhavin. Siddharth hadn't shown up. No one knew where he went. Kartik was sitting right by the casket, refusing to leave his daughter's side.

Bhavin had been informed of the death of his cousin by Abhishek. The man had broken down into a messy sob when he came to know that. They couldn't tell him how she and Grandpa died so the only plausible explanation they all came up with to tell him and the other mortals was that both of them were killed in a road accident. He had cried so much and it took Abhishek a lot of effort to calm him.

The others too were all broken. No one ate for days at a stretch. Reem had to make Jai eat forcefully since he was a human and would become weak. No one spoke anything nor did they talk to one another.

Everyone felt guilty and blamed themselves for Avneet's death. They failed. Failed to protect the one woman they loved.

"Brother", Abhishek's voice brought Kartik out of his trance as he looked at the younger with dull eyes. "Its time." Kartik nodded and stood up. All of them moved to the coffins as they got into threes and lowered each coffin into the ground. Without a word they grabbed the shovels around as they filled the holes.

Siddharth watched from a distance. Standing under a black umbrella, he stood a few hundred meters away as he looked at the funeral proceeding. His eyes were tired from not sleeping for days.

Every time he tried to close his eyes, her face was the only thing he could see. He had decided he wasn't going to attend the funeral. He did not have the heart to. But the thought of not seeing her off, ate him up so here he was.

He couldn't go back home. Every place in that apartment held memories with Avneet. He was a mess. Despite being the most powerful, he had never felt this helpless. He needed his Avneet. He need her beside him. Her absence was like a hole in his body which no matter what he tried to do would never be filled.

Do vote and comment.

To answer that why I killed Avneet is that, the moment I started writing Satan, I already decided to make it a sad ending. Not every story has a happy ending and I think every one knows that. Also a happy ending would have fallen directly against the character of Lucifer/Satan. Devil is the representation of all things evil and the moment he was banished to the underworld, it went untold that he would never get the good things in his life. So it was literally impossible to have a perfect love story where he and Avneet would have a forever and  were much in love. Avneet was too a halfling. For her to make the transition complete was totally impossible. So even she managed to survive Aditya's little stunt, she would still die a week later on her birthday anyway. Also in this story I wanted to put across that Satan always thought himself as the ultimate epitome of badness and ofcourse he was too. If you understand his character, you can see how much he resented people of heaven for removing him from there. He always thought that humans were selfish and that no one in all the three realms loved him enough to ever protect him or care for him. And then came Avneet, who made him believe what true love was. Who killed herself  so that he can live. She protected him and made him feel like his own life had some worth. He was so used to everyone hating him for being a devil. But then there was a woman who loved him more than anyone else could. Enough to die for him. 

Also there were some questions in the comment section that why can't Siddharth meet Avneet in hell or heaven. So, I personally believe and angels or devil do not interact with dead people. Even when they could be in heaven, they are probably not in their physical body but just as spirits.

This is what I actually wanted to show in this book.

The story has come to an end. Just wait for the epilogue now.