Chapter - 22

Here's the next chapter.

-Avneet's pov-

I gulped down the contents in my mouth as I blinked. Aditya stood there, a bag of ice cream in his hand as he grinned at me.

"Mind if I join?", he asked but before I could answer, he was already seated across me, removing the lid of his own ice cream cup.

"Seems like someone is sad", he commented and I furrowed my brows. "I am not sad." He put a mouthful of ice cream between his lips as he scoffed. "That is why you have a red nose and puffy eyes and dried tears on your cheek?"

I immediately picked up a tissue as I wiped my cheeks and eyes as Aditya continued to stare at me. "Whoever it was that hurt you must have been a devil."

My eyes widened as he mentioned the term devil but soon subsided as I realized he was just making an analogy. I almost had my heart in my hand as those words left his mouth.

"No one hurt me. I just like eating ice cream. But what are you doing here?" "I had a midnight craving, but then I saw you so I decided to stop by and say hi. By the way, you look nice. This dress color suits you well", he smiled cheekily and so did I, with my cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Do you want to take a stroll in the park while eating ice cream? We could talk. Consider that me asking you out." I was about to agree when my phone buzzed. I turned it over to see Siddharth calling me.

Aditya gritted his teeth at the sight of the caller as his hands curled into a fist under the table.

"I am sorry, I would love to but I must leave. I will definitely give you a call and we can go out some other day", with that I stood up as I grabbed my cup of ice cream. Aditya followed suit and we both stepped out of the shop.

"I can drop you home", he volunteered but I shook my head. "I live pretty close, I will get home by myself. Thank you for the offer and thank you for keeping me company today." He nodded. "I will see you later Aditya, good night", with that I walked back to the bus station.

He did say something which I couldn't catch so I just ignored it.

-Avneet's pov ends-

Aditya watched as Avneet left, an angry smile on his face. "You will see me again Avneet, don't worry", he muttered as his eyes clouded.

Just as Avneet left, a voice was heard behind him as someone approached. "You had your opportunity Aditya, why did you not take her? She is alone and Lucifer isn't around."

Aditya smiled as he turned back to face the person. "Not now. Now isn't the right time to make my move. I am weak and Lucifer is as strong as ever. I will take the girl only on the night of the red moon when I have my powers and Lucifer cannot rescue her. If I take her now then he will be back in hell and before we can even do anything, me and you will both be dead."

-Avneet's pov-

When I reached back home, Siddharth was pacing outside our door. He paused at the sight of me and the ice cream in my hand. Without a word I opened the door to the house and went inside and he followed behind.

"Where the hell were you?", he growled and I just ignored him and sat on the couch, eating. "Avneet", he said in his deep voice and I looked up. "Answer me."

"I left", I shot the words back. "Everyone was dancing and busy with their 'partners' and I was getting bored so I left", I said, putting extra emphasis on the word 'partner'.