Chapter - 40

40th chapter!!!

Happy Reading.

Everyone sat in silence as Siddharth drove through the pretty fields by the bay. All of them were mingled in their own line of thoughts. Siddharth felt restless for some reason. He knew Avneet was in safe hands with her father. And that Jannat was doing her job too. Then what was it that was bothering him?

As they neared the mountains, the outline of it became distinctively clear. There stood Kangchenjunga, its giant frame making it stand apart from the others. They were supposed to meet Vani there and together, seal the portal.

He set his foot on the gas pedal as they increased speed towards the destination. He needed to be done with this as fast as he could. Siddharth just wanted to go back to Avneet. It was her birthday in ten days and anytime now, her full transformation would start. He needed to be there for her and the only way was to put an end to Aditya once and for all.

-Avneet's pov-

"DAD", I yelled as the man fazed out with the phone in his hand. "WHAT! JAI BHAI-- WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?"

Dad snapped out as he heard me yell at him. Jai. His son. He was in danger.

"Nothing-- Avneet-- nothing will happen to him. I am going to Busan right now. And I am going to make sure he is okay."

"I am coming with you-- I want to go", my lips quivered as I said that, the thought of something formidable happening with him. I knew what those sickly demons were capable of and right now my mind had stopped processing things in fear of Jai's life.

"NO. AVNEET NO. Stay here. You are not coming. You cannot reenter this establishment if you leave and I am not going to risk that. Be right here", Kartik warned.

"DAD, JAI's LIFE IS IN DANGER AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS OKAY." "Not at the cost of your own life", his voice turned deep and stern. "Please Avneet. Don't do anything against what I say. You will stay right here and don't even think about leaving."

"Dad―"

"Not now", with that he immediately made a dash outside the door. The moment he crossed it, a gleam of red wave spread, allowing him to pass as I watched on helplessly, tears welling up in my eyes.

Unsure of what to do, I sat in the living room for hours at a stretch. Occasionally I would peep outside the window to check for any unusual activity. Dad didn't call nor did Siddharth. Both their phones couldn't be accessed.

Now the movie was just rolling in the background and I was staring at the screen, spacing out as all sorts of thoughts clouded my mind.

The thought of grandpa popped in my mind. So I picked my cell phone and called him. No one answered but this didn't scare me. First, because Grandpa was low on hearing and he couldn't hear his phone ringing most of the times. Second, even if he heard it, it took him ages to figure out who the caller was and swipe on the screen to take the call. And third, he was with Jannat and I had full faith in her. Siddharth said no one fought like Jannat. So, I knew she was protecting grandpa well. After a failed attempt at calling him, I called Jannat.

"Hey Jannat, how's it going. Are you and grandpa-"

"Long time princess", a male voice spoke.

My eyes widened as I heard this familiar voice which I dreaded. With shaking hands, I parted the phone to see whether I had called Jannat or not. Because a few months back, I had saved Aditya's number. And maybe I confused it because of alot of tension going on in my mind.

"Ah princess, surprised that I picked up?", he chuckled. "Well let me make things less confusing. I see how my brother sent the lovely Jannat to protect your grandfather. Seems like it isn't working because the old man is here fighting for his last breath in front of me."