Chapter - 43

The main battle is here!!

Aditya let go of Avneet the moment Siddharth charged at him. Taking up his own demon form, he ran straight towards Siddharth. The moment both of them clashed, the entire hell rattled because of the immense power they held.

Seeing Aditya was distracted, Abhishek and Rohan ran to where Avneet was to save her. "Not so fast boys", Vani's voice erupted before both of them were flung off in the distance.

"This bitch", Rohan cursed. "I never liked you anyway", with that he charged at her, removing his small dagger which now transformed into a full Katana, its blade shining deeply because of the light from the red moon.

Vani smirked removing her own sword as she charged at the man. Their swords clashed and before they knew it, it was a full on battle. Abhishek went to Avneet, as he helped the girl come out of her chains. A creature screeched behind them and his eyes widened as it opened its beak to throw flame at them only for it to drop dead the next second.

They looked at Reem who had magically killed the creature. "What", the girl spat at them. "Just because I am lazy doesn't mean I am not powerful."

Ignoring her, Abhishek pulled the chains off Avneet. He closed his eyes as he tried to heal her, only to see his powers not working. "What in the name of God--", he said looking at his own hands. "Heaven healers cannot use their powers in hell", Reem educated him. "Your healing powers won't work here." "Shit", Abhishek muttered as he looked at Avneet.

Before he could say anything, the three of them were thrown to the side as a big monster stood in front of them.

Rohan and Vani walked in circles as they glared at one another, their swords circling behind them. Vani only had one power which was to open and close portals but like Siddharth and Aditya, she had no dark powers of her own. This made the game fair for Rohan who was an excellent swordsman.

She charged at him and in no moment the swords were clashing against one another. Rohan ducked, kicking the woman who fell to her feet. She stood up and charged once again. Rohan defended him but being the snake Vani was, she removed another dagger from her belt and stabbed him in the thighs.

Rohan fumbled in his steps as the blade sliced through his legs and blood flowed from it. Vani smirked taking this as another opportunity to come at him.

Rohan watched as Vani raised her sword to stab him, but being quick he put his leg in between causing her to fall. He put his own sword at a vertical angel and the girl fell straight on it. The sound of flesh cutting filled the area as the sword went straight through her stomach.

Vani's eyes widened as she looked down to see the sword right through her body. Her mouth opened slightly as blood trickled down it. Rohan pulled the sword out of her body while mustering all energy in his leg and kicking her. Vani stumbled in her steps as she fell straight through the valley into the fire pits of hell — the last thing she saw before she died being a smirking Rohan.

"Dear brother, I have waited long for this", Aditya snarked as he transformed into a demon. His form was an exact replica of Lucifer, which caused the devil to be surprised. It only took him a second before he changed his own form smirking at Aditya.

"You were so jealous of me that you asked those bitches to make you into me. Sincerely Aditya, imitation is the best form of flattery." The younger was riled up with his words as he charged at Siddharth who ducked before hitting Aditya. The later growled, his claws increasing in length as he glared at him.

Purple smoke spewed from his hands as he directed it to Siddharth who fought back with a black smoke of his own. The entire hell rambled as both these powers clashed.

Siddharth found himself losing, as he struggled to keep his feet on the ground. He ultimately gave in as the powers hit him, flinging him straight into the wall at the back. Aditya chuckled as he saw Siddharth attempt to stand up. "You know, it would be fun to end you in a minute because of how much power I have but I want to take out all these years of pent up frustration on you." With that he swung his arm at Siddharth who stumbled back, blood forming in his mouth. Before he had an opportunity to recover, there was one more strike on his face. Siddharth heard his jaw crack as the man opposite to him shook his hand, surprised at how hard he hit his brother.

Siddharth couldn't understand what was happening. How swiftly the tables had turned? There was no way Aditya could have gained this much power. He felt the power leave from within him as Aditya flicked his wrist and a trail of purple left his hand. Siddharth felt his mental torture being put to use against him and he wanted to scream his guts out. Within all this he could only see one face. Avneet. He had disappointed her. He couldn't save her like he promised. Her smiling face, that innocence and all the love she held in her heart.

Live Lucifer, live for her — he said to himself as he stood up, wobbling a little. Aditya was taken aback as Siddharth managed to fight through it. Before he had time, a web of purple left Siddharth's hands and Aditya was thrown right back.

Using this to his own advantage, Siddharth swung his arm at him causing Aditya to hit the wall behind. He was on a hitting spree as he mustered all force and kept hitting Aditya in the face. Aditya was bloodied and bruised as he tried pushing Siddharth away. But to his dismay the older picked him up and slammed him into the wall again.

Holding his collars, Siddharth raised him into the air. A man almost 5 inches taller than him. He pushed him back into ground as his hands grabbed Aditya's throat.

"Any last words brother before I rip your neck to shreds?" Aditya smirked. "Yes. Fuck you", with that he grabbed a handful of sand and flung it at Siddharth. He closed his eyes as suddenly his vision was filled with dust particles.

Charging onto his feet, Aditya removed a dagger as he pointed it to the latter. Siddharth's eyes widened as he saw the weapon in Aditya's hands. A Sterling Silver dagger. Not just any ordinary one. The one that was blessed by Keres, the goddess of violent death. The only weapon in all three worlds that could kill him.

-Avneet's pov-

I, Abhishek and Reem were busy battling the monster that was currently trying to rip us apart. Reem was throwing around spells while I and Abhishek aimlessly ran around screaming and dodging that ugly thing.

I had managed to find a sword lying around but I had never used one. With whatever little courage I could find, I moved towards the demon. Reem saw me and I motioned with my eyes for her to keep that thing busy. She understood and threw a red ball of flame at it.

The demon creature was busy howling and wailing to even notice when I got so close to it. Within a moment I had the sword right through its foot. The monster screamed and slapped me away from there. Seeing how distracted it was, Reem immediately grabbed the weapon in Abhishek's hand and drove it straight through the creatures heart.

The creature took a step back before it fell to its feet and burned to nothing but rubble. I cheered and headed straight to both of them to give them a high five, when I saw it.

-Avneet's pov ends-

Aditya about to stab Lucifer with a dagger in his hand. Siddharth did not even have time to react when Aditya used his other hand to push him into the ground. Before he recovered, he saw the dagger coming straight at him. All time seemed to have frozen as he closed his eyes. He couldn't overpower Aditya now. His time had come to an end. He never prayed to the heavens before but he did now.

Take care of Avneet and don't let anything happen to her — he said to the man he had once called father.

But nothing happened. No dagger went through him. When he opened his eyes, Aditya was frozen midway in his action. His eyes widened were looking at something in the back. There was blood coming out of his nose and the dagger fell from his hand.

Siddharth pushed him away. As he traced his line of vision, he wasn't prepared to see what he was going to. Avneet was a few feet away, on her knees as a similar dagger was stabbed straight through her abdomen.

What just happened?!

Do vote and comment.