Chapter 2: "Zombies?"

Katelyn

I stood there in fear, staring at the creature as it made its way to Violet who was screaming in fear. I needed to help her but I was frozen in place.

"Morgan.. do you see that?" I softly whispered, my eyes still glued on it. "Yeah..." she said in disbelief.

The zombie suddenly began limping faster and inches away from Violet. Before I could process what I was doing I bolted. Morgan called my name but I ignored her.

I pushed Violet out of the way just before the zombie could get to her. Violet flung herself to the other side of the street.

I widened my eyes, staring at the zombie coming closer to me. I was frozen in place again. Before the zombie could grab me Morgan grabbed my arm and grabbed Violet as well.

Violet shrieked, thinking that a zombie was dragging her. We ran down the destructive streets of people screaming. We stopped at a car, Morgan flung the car door open. "Get in!" She yelled.

I swiftly jumped into the passenger seat and Morgan threw Violet into the backseat. Violet groaned, holding her head. She caught my eye through the mirror. "Jennings?" She asked in confusion.

"Hey, Violet." I said blankly. Morgan hit some zombies with a pole, knocking them down and blood splattering  on the windows making me gag. She then jumped into the drivers seat, looking at all the buttons.

She inserted the key but it didn't turn on. Morgan tried again and again, "come on.. come on." She muttered. "Fuck!" She slammed her fists down on the steering wheel in frustration.

I breathed heavily, looking at her and the key. Morgan got out of the car, opening the hood swiftly while zombies were behind her. I screamed when a zombie attacked her from behind.

Violet gasped from behind me. I held my hands over my mouth. "Morgan!" I screamed. Morgan opened the door, climbing in and panting like a dog as the zombie clawed at the window.

I gasped, eyeing the deep gash in her shoulder. "Morgan! Your bleeding!" She hissed in pain, putting pressure on it with her fingers.

"Fuck Katelyn.. I can't drive your going to have too." She told me. I widened my eyes, "Morgan I can't drive! You know I can't!" I rambled. "Just drive or we're all going to be killed!" Violet yelled.

Morgan glared at her, "you shut up! I only saved your ass because Katelyn would've felt bad if you died." Morgan blankly said.

Violet scoffed and folded her arms in defeat, leaning back against the seat. "I'll die anyways in this car with Jennings driving." Violet rolled her eyes.

"Kate. You can do this." Morgan nodded her head in encouragement. They both unbuckled and switched seats.

Katelyn looked at all the gears, breathing heavily in fear and anticipation. "Okay.. everyone ready?" She hesitantly asked. The situation they were in was so surreal. Zombies?

Violet and Morgan both said yes and Katelyn started the car, backing up into a car behind her and running over a zombie in the process. She said sorry to the zombie out of habit which made Morgan laugh.

Katelyn drove the car, twisting her hand all ways and swerving on the road. "I have no idea what I'm doing!" Katelyn yelled as Morgan tried to guide her.

Katelyn widened her eyes as the gas blinker signaled they needed gas. "Where's the nearest gas station?" She asked Morgan. "The sign says 5 miles from now. Katelyn exhaled, "okay."

________________
__________

I whistled a tune as I pumped the gas into the car. I looked around, staying cautious of my surroundings due to what happened at the university.

I paused my whistling when I heard faint noises. I whipped my head both ways, taking the pump out, I quickly headed into the car just as a girl zombie popped up out of nowhere and began clawing at the glass.

Violet screamed very loudly might I add as I pulled out, hitting an abandoned car. I closed my eyes as the collision made us bump.

Morgan chuckled and we were back on the road again. "Katelyn, we need to go to your moms house it's the safest place." Morgan said.

"Okay but its 2 hours away." I stated. "We can take turns driving."     "Okay.. my moms it is."

And we were off.
_____________________
_________
Shorter chapter, ran out of ideas <3