Chapter 23: "5 years of feelings."

Stacey-
__________

I shakily exhaled, holding the cloth to the wound, wincing at the stinging pain. "Make sure you keep pressure on that." Everly told me, staring at the blood stained cloth.

I looked up at her. "Ever... thanks." I stumbled on my words. It was hard to talk, hell it was hard to breath. "Of course I wasn't gonna let you bleed to death!"

I shook my head, "no. I mean.. listen , I know we're not friends and you didn't have to help me but.. you did." I coughed. "I'm not Autumn. I'm not gonna leave someone to die." She replied.

"She's... gone off the deep end. Although, I think she's been there the whole time just.. no one pissed her off enough to show it." I said, heaving in deep breaths.

"Why would she try to kill you?" Ever asked. I sighed, "I turned on her, and told her my opinion on the stupid plan." I looked at the ground. "You didn't deserve that." I looked back up, I sniffed, "you need to know what she's planning Everly."

She raised a brow, crossing her arms. I cleared my throat, "Autumn was already against me leaving because she thought I was going straight to Katelyn but to be honest, I don't give a rats ass anymore about what she thinks. But first, I need a piece of paper and a pen."

"For what?" She asked. I coughed, "I need to give you the address to Katelyn's house, because after I tell you Autumn's plan... you have to warn them." I firmly told her.

She nodded and I started repeating Autumn's horrid plan.
________
Ashby-

I pulled on my hair, tears streaming down my face. "She's gone Betty. She's really gone!" I cried as Betty hugged me, holding my shoulders as they shook.

"Everything's okay." She said, rubbing her hands down my hair. I backed up to look at her. "No it's not! What if Stacey's in a ditch bleeding to death?!"

"No, no she's not sh it's okay!" She said, pulling me into her again as I clutched onto her sweater and let my emotions out.

"What are you guys doing?" I pulled away quickly at Autumn's voice, turning towards her. She searched my face, probably seeing my blonde messy hair, and red blood-shot eyes. She frowned with fake sympathy, "aw Ashby are you really that devastated about Stacey?" She tilted her head.

"She could have died Autumn... who knows, maybe she already is dead." I said, wiping my eyes. "Are you really defending her?" She asked. "She was our friend!" I said, growing angry.

Betty laid a hand on my shoulder, "Ashby.." she whispered but I shook her hand off and walked towards Autumn. I shook my head as I saw no guilt or remorse in her eyes. "Why would you do that?" Betty whispered to Autumn.

Autumn sighed, "Stacy was annoying me and.. so are you." And she walked out without a second glance, her heels clacking against the wood the whole way.
___________
Everly-

As I neared Katelyn's address I began to grow nervous on what I was going to say. Autumn's plan is horrible at its finest I never thought she could think of such in-humane things.

I finally reached the only house on the block, walking up the concrete steps I knocked on the wooden door softly. The door opened and in the door frame was a guy with green eyes and brown hair, a t-shirt and sweatpants.

He raised a brow at me. I looked up at the house and then back at the boy. I smiled the best I could, "hi, is this Katelyn's house?" I asked.

His face twisted up into even more confusion, "uhm.. who are you?" He asked. "I'm Everly. Please, it's important." The boy turned to the side for a moment and yelled, "Katelyn!" Which made me wince at the noise.