Chapter 7: "We're Done."

Katelyn-

Me and Ethan both stared at Jason in utter shock. He just admitted something big. I watched as tears started to prick his eyes.

Ethan scoffed. "Wow.." he said quietly, almost like a whisper. I looked up at Jason, batting my lashes trying to make sense of what he just said.

He looked back down at me, giving me an apologetic look like he was sorry for admitting how he felt. I frowned. I could see tears starting to blind his vision.

"Katelyn." Ethan said, his cold tone made me turn to him. "Can I see you upstairs for a minute? Alone." He said before walking upstairs, running his fingers through his hair.

I looked back at Jason as I began walking. He tilted his head down in shame. I sighed. He had liked me for two years and I was too dumb to notice the signs, I just went off and dated another guy. I feel.. guilty. I slowly started to walk up the stairs, preparing for possibly another fight.

I didn't look back but I could feel Jason's stare burning through me. Deep breaths.

Ethan-

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, waiting for her to come into my room. I looked up when I heard her entering the room, my back turned to her as I looked out the window.

"So." I turned around, facing her as she fiddled with her fingers. "I guess I was right then, huh?" I asked, laughing with no humor. She opened her mouth and when she finally said something her throat was dry and cracked, she looked at the floor. "Was that your plan?.." She asked softly.

"What? He said it!" I recalled Jason admitting his feeling for her downstairs. She frowned, not looking me in the eye and keeping her gaze on the floor. "I wasn't wrong." She finally looked up to me, looking me in the eyes this time. "Ethan.."   "what?! You were there! He said it!"

I saw Luna through the crack in the door, she watched through the door, locking gazes with me for a second in confusion. I brushed her off.

"You heard him!" "We're friends!" We yelled back and forth that I was sure the whole downstairs could hear. "Really? Then why did I hear him say he liked you? Oh that's right, because he wants to be more than friends. And guess what he said that right in front of your boyfriend." She looked at the ground after I stopped talking.

"Well, you're not saying much." I scoffed, crossing my arms. "Im just stunned.." she said softly. "I still don't believe how you didn't see this coming, it was so obvious." I said. "Im tired of this!" She said loudly, looking up to the ceiling. "Tired of what?"

"Tired of you being jealous over this, please!" She pleaded. "I feel like your not being honest with yourself about something." I said. "What?!" "Katelyn I have something to ask you."

She looked at me in confusion. I sighed, "do you love me?" She hesitated, closing her eyes in thought. "Ethan.." "because I love you."

"I-" she started before looking at the ground. "Yeah. That's what I thought." I had a feeling she didn't love me but I didn't want to second guess it until I asked her myself but now that I know it feels worse.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes blurring her vision. "You can't say it to my face but you had to show me by spending your time with Jason." I laughed, nodding my head while looking anywhere but in her eyes.

"That is so far from the truth Ethan and you know it!" She pointed her finger in my face, a tear begging to fall out of her eye. "Which part? Spending time with Jason or not being in love with me? Because both are true." I said sternly.

Her lip trembled a bit, "Ethan.. I thought I was falling for you but.. I don't want to hurt you because I don't know how I feel anymore." She said quietly. "No. You thought wrong, right? Yeah, I think we're done here." I said. "What?" She asked softly.