Chapter 11: "It was all for nothing."

Jason-
December 27th, 2014

I laid on my bed. Autumns words were running through my head. Does she like me? What the fuck..

I felt like shit. I felt like I have let down Katelyn but I rejected her like I was supposed to.. why is this aching feeling in my heart of guilt there then?

Just then I looked up and saw my beautiful girl smiling at me. She was wearing a brown long sleeve shirt and jeans with a scarf adorned around her neck.

She frowned when she saw that I didn't smile back. How could I? I felt guilty as fuck there's no way I could tell her that Autumn flirted with me. I kept telling myself that I didn't do anything that I told her off but it didn't do anything.

"Jason?" Her soft voice called, pulling me out of my thoughts. My tired eyes looked up at her. "Are you okay?" Her eyes darted between both my eyes. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine.. why?" I asked.

"I don't know.. you've just been.. kinda quiet." She chuckled. "Oh no, yeah I'm fine." I tried to convince her and it worked. That smile spread across her face again. "Okay, that's good." She said. I sat up, my legs draping off the side of my bed.

She walked over to me, seating herself on my bed. She reached over and kissed my cheek. I turned towards her and my eyes darted between her eyes and her lips before I pulled her in by her cheeks for a passionate kiss which turned into a make out session as I pushed her down on my bed and crawled atop her.

She wrapped her legs around my torso. Grabbing the back of my neck and kissing me hard, her nails digging in but I didn't care. Our lips molded together as one. She pulled back, gasping for breath and so did I. We panted. I moved a strand of hair behind her ear, smiling at her. "I promise I'll tell you tomorrow." I promised her. "Are you sure?" She asked, still out of breath as she reached out for my cheek. "Yeah." I got off of her and she sat up. "Okay, well.. you seem pretty tired, I better let you get some rest." She smiled, pulling me in for a peck on the lips before hopping off the bed.

"Night Jason." She smiled, turning around to face me. "Night Kate." I said blankly, forcing a smile but dropping it when she went out the door, leaving it a crack open like how I like. I was exhausted.

I buried my face in the pillow, laying on my stomach and my arms sprawled everywhere. I suddenly heard the door creak open and immediately thought of Katelyn. "Did you forget something Kate?"

I opened my eyes, looking at the wall in confusion when I heard heels clicking against the floor. Katelyn doesn't wear heels..

"Nice room." I heard her voice. I sprinted up, my eyes darting to her. "What do you want?" I gruffly asked in annoyance as she looked all around my room.

"Whoa, I sense some hostility." She looked over to me in shock. I rolled my eyes, "that's because you tried flirting with me while we were looking for supplies! Or did you forget?"

"Well I can't help finding you attract-" I pushed myself up, stopping her right there. "Autumn I have a girlfriend, okay? Please." I pleaded her. Her eyes full of mischief, she was up to no good I could tell.

"Please what?" She asked. I got off my bed, "get out!" I growled, pointing to the door. She looked at me with a calm face and I can see her lip slowly rise, "and what if I don't?" She challenged me. Her small figure looked up at me.

"You know something? Your a completely different person." I scoffed, remembering the first time I met her. "Do you like what you see? Jason I'm not some naive little Katelyn." She gritted her name.

"Don't you dare bring her into this." I said lowly, pointing my finger in her face but she didn't care. "And what if I do?" She tilted her head.

"This isn't about her, it's between you and me." I really hoped she wouldn't bring Katelyn into this mess. "Right you are." She smiled, walking over to my nightstand, scanning the pictures adorned on the walls and shelves. Her eyes caught the picture of me and Katelyn kissing on a picnic date. Where I dipped her down for the first time and she got so scared she fell out of my hands. I almost chuckled at the memory before I remembered who I was standing in front of. "Don't touch anything." I warned.