Chapter 21: The Repercussion

Toby-

"Hey.." I said softly into the phone, "Toby you'll never guess what happened." Jason beamed through the phone. "I went back to my house this morning and.. their all gone."

"What?"   "The demons, their not here and I don't think they're coming back." He said. "Are you sure?" I asked curiously. This could be just a trick. "We're positive, they don't sense anything. Toby their really gone." He said.

"I'm glad you have your house back, stay safe." I told him before I ended the call, turning to Morgan. "Good news, the demons are out of Jason's house." I told her.

She shot up, halting her hand on Chance's fur. "Are you serious?" She asked in shock. "Yeah, everything's back to normal.."

_____
Lexi-

I walked into Liv's room, folding my arms across each other as I looked around to see bags everywhere as she was still unpacking.

She turned to me when I announced my presence, smiling. "Hey Lex."    "Hey, you unpacking?" I asked her as she took a shirt out of the bag, stuffing it on the drawers.

I hummed, walking around. Her head shots up, "oh! By the way, I forgot to give you your sweater back." She smiled, digging in one of her bags and pulling out a black champion hoodie.

I looked down at it, "my sweater?"    "Yeah, you let me borrow it one day after class I thought you might want it back after all these years." She chuckled and I widened my eyes.

"No, you can keep it." I handed it back to her and she lingered her fingers on it. "Are you sure?" She asked me, looking unsure.

I nodded urging her to take it, "yeah go ahead." She brought the sweater to her face and smiled, "aw thanks." She said, setting it on top of the dresser.

"I'm surprised you kept it." She turned to me, "of course I did!"

"Not going to lie.. I kinda miss college." I said softly. "You do?" She tilted her head in confusion. "Yeah, the friends I made, my professors." She hummed, "well when you put it that way so do I."

"I.. wanted to thank you again, by the way."    "For what?"   "For being there for me with max." I said softly.

"I'll always be there for you, you deserve to be treated right, he was a jerk and abusive towards you." I frowned at the memory. "He was more than just a jerk .. he was a toxic jerk." I said.

I touched my face, remembering all the times I came home with bruises littered across my face and Liv freaking the hell out, she was always so supportive and held me while i cried over the pathetic douchebag.

"You'll find a guy who treats you right Lexi, trust me." She said. "Thanks.." she turned around, "don't thank me! Your the best."

I laughed. She went back to taking her clothes and necessities  she needed out of the bag. I watched her every move, trailing my eyes while she put her clothes in neatly. I sighed.

_____
Rose-  10:30 PM

I smiled, puckering my lips as I applied the right amount of lip gloss. "Can we talk?" I turned around when I heard the soft voice to see Hazel standing there looking nervous.

"Oh sure, do you need anything?" I asked her. She sighed, setting herself on my bed with her hands on her knees. I swiveled around and faced her curiously.

She took a deep inhale, "I've been trying to tell you this but.. I'm just gonna come out and say it. Jordan is trying to kill Jason, and he's lying about who he is! Rose when you saw him for the first time again, he didn't remember anything!"