Chapter 32: "Familiar faces."

Trinity-

I played with my necklace around my neck, twisting and turning it as I watched Jake pace back and forth, his fingers near his face in frustration.

I sighed, setting my hands down on my lap. "Okay Jake, what's wrong? You've been like this all night." I asked him. Was it me? He didn't even want to be intimate with me last night.

"Like what?" He muttered, his gaze on the floor as he continued his pacing. "Distracted, what's going on?" He finally stopped his pacing, facing me. "It's.. it's Everly." He sighed.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Everly?" I hopped off his bed. "Is she okay?" I asked. "She's acting so defensive! And when I try to talk to her, I get mad and-" I grabbed his arms, "Jake, calm down. Why are you mad at her?" He slowed his breathing.

"I'm not mad at her, I'm mad at..." "what?!" I asked him when he turned his head away from me. "Nothing, okay?!" I flinched at his tone, he took my hands off his arms.

I crossed my arms, "okay Jake, what happened? You guys are best friends. Why the sudden change?" I asked. "Because she told me she liked me." He suddenly said. "W-what.. s.. she likes you?" I whispered.

I wasn't surprised to be honest but I guess I just kinda thought she got over him when she found out it wasn't actually him. I guess I was wrong then. I looked down at the floor.

"Yes." He exhaled. "Since when?" "She started liking me before Liam took over my body." He said. "Liking you.. again?" I asked. "Yeah, she liked me in high school."

I took a shaky breath, digging my nails into my arms. "Did you like her in high school too?" I asked him, looking up. "Yeah." He replied. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Look.. Trin, I don't know what to do.." he said. "If your not mad at her then I think your mad about what she said to you." I assumed, dropping my arms, I looked down at my nail marks embedded into them now.

"How?" He asked me, running his hand down his face. "I don't know.. maybe your mad because if she said something sooner like In high school something could have happened." "But that would mean I still want something.." he muttered.

"No it wouldn't." I told him. " well it could." He sighed. "If it could who cares? Jake , stop overthinking your happy! Please Everly is like your best friend, she probably hates that your fighting!"

"You're really okay with this?" He asked in surprise. "With what?"   "That my best friend I've known since I was seven likes me?"

"Yes, because I trust you and Everly's our friend , Jake it kind of seems like you are the one that's worried." I leaned on his bed. "I'm not worried I just!- I can't do this, I have to talk to her!" He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

I shook my head, "Jake, your not in a good place, come on your angry!"   "Trinity I'm not angry! If anything, I need answers."   "For yourself or for her?" I tilted my head. He turned his head to me, "what?!"

"You know, it sounds like you're confused." I told him. "Yeah, about her feelings not anything else. What, do you think-".  "I'm not thinking anything!" I yelled.

He scoffed, "that's a lie."   "Look, I'm going to Katelyn's.." I sighed. "Why? There's a storm in LA." He asked. "Because I'd rather be with my friends." I said firmly. He looked hurt by my words but I turned around and headed for the door.

"Fine, Trinity just go." He shooed me. I scoffed, my lips curling up. He turned his head away from me and that was my cue to leave.
______
Katelyn-

"Guys, the storm isn't looking too good." Chris said as he looked out the window, moving the curtains aside. He looked back at us. "Is the storm gonna last for long?" Chase asked. "Looks like it." Chris shrugged.