Chapter 29: "Unexpected return."

The other chapter left us all on quite a cliff hanger but this chapter will clear all of it up :) enjoy

Katelyn-

"Olivia, how are her vitals?"  "Her heart rate is low, we need to stop the bleeding or else she'll lose even more." "Here's a towel." "How much has she lost?"

"A lot, we'll need more towels." "Here, hold this."
______

Lexi- 2:23 AM

I turned my head when I heard a groan. I smiled, Katelyn fluttered her eyes open and looked up at the ceiling.

"Katelyn, hey." I walked closer to her bed where she had IV's hooked to her. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. She opened her eyes and looked at me but didn't respond. "You've been in and out for a few hours.. are you in any pain? We gave you some ibuprofen but you fell asleep, how's your head?" Liv asked her.

I frowned, staring at the huge wound stitched up on her head. Katelyn was in really bad shape when we found her unconscious in that car at the bottom of the cliff.

"My.. head?" Katelyn muttered finally. "Does it still hurt?" Liv asked. "No, I'm fine. What happened?" Kate asked. "You got into a car crash. Liam kidnapped you and drove the car you were in off the road on the cliff near midpoint lake." I explained.

Her eyes widened as saucers. "I was kidnapped?!" I furrowed my brows. "Yeah.. you.." I looked over at Liv and Liv looked at me with a worried look.

"Katelyn.. what's the last thing you remember?" I asked her. She looked up in thought, "the.. last thing I remember is going to class." She said. I tried to keep calm and Liv did too.

Liv walked closer, near Kate's bed. "What were you talking about?" Liv asked. "What?" "The topic. What were you discussing in class?" Liv explained.

"I.. don't remember but she stopped the lecture and started talking about the epidemic." Suddenly Liv turned back to me. "Katelyn.. what year is it?" She looked down at me. "Year? Uh.. 2014. Wait a minute, am I in the hospital?" She looked down at all the IV's in her arm.

"No.. you're .. at home." Liv said. "Home? This isn't my dorm." Kate said. "Your old house Katelyn." I said. "My.. old house?" She questioned. This was bad.
_____

Me and Liv walked downstairs as we saw Luna pacing around and around and everyone else was sitting down, worried. "How is she?!" Luna yelled when she saw us. "Can we see her?" Morgan asked.

"Physically.. she's fine." I said. "Psychologically.. she's not." Liv finished off. "What do you mean?" Chris asked. "At first.. we thought she had a concussion because of the considerable impact against her head but it's much more serious than that." Liv said.

"What?.." Morgan muttered. Liv sighed, "when Katelyn woke up she was confused which of course is normal after an injury as serious as this one but she didn't recognize the room she was in.. who we were, what happened to her before Liam drove the car off the road." Liv said. "She thinks it's October 2nd, 2014." I said.

"The day the apocalypse fully took over.." Morgan muttered. "That's the day we were in class and we ran off campus. Why would she think it's October? It's January." Morgan said.

"Because.. when the car crashed it.. gave her more than just a concussion. Guys.. Katelyn has amnesia."
______
Toby-

I groaned as my phone vibrated on the coffee table. I reached over and grabbed my phone. "Hello?.."

"Toby where are you? I've been calling your phone all night!" Jake's voice came yelling through the phone. "What?.." I muttered. "Where are you?!" He yelled.