Chapter 31: "Reunited"

{EXPLICIT CONTENT AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE UPCOMING RESULTS! YA'LL KNOW THE DRILL BY NOW. }

Katelyn-

"I'm falling in love with you"

I turned my head to Derek, his grip loosening on me as I pulled my arm out of his grip. My eyes widened in shock at his words. "Your what?"

"I'm falling in love with you." He repeated. I shook my head, "Derek." I said firmly. He can't fall in love with me, he can't do this.

"I'm always thinking about you Katelyn, I've tried to stop but I can't. The way you smile, your compassion, your body, the way your face heats up when your nervous, it drives me crazy. Your always on my mind and honestly.. I don't care." I looked at him in shock. "I'm in love with you."

I sighed, "I keep thinking that if I push my feelings away, they'll disappear and.. that's it but they don't and I can't." I inhale, giving up because I can't keep this going on, I can't keep denying my feelings. " Derek I like you too." He walked closer, "I understand, but what if we tell her together?" He asked.

"What do we say? Your best friend and ex have feelings for each other?! No, no we can't!" I held my hands up. "Katelyn..".  "We can't." I said firmly. "Okay? It's wrong." I told him.

"We can't help how we feel, especially when it's genuine. I like you. I like one of my closest friends who honestly has become more like a best friend to me. We hang out almost every day and time just.. stops when I'm with you."

His words are making me get all giddy and I don't like it. "Derek.." I whispered, looking down at the ground. "Katelyn what if we ask Morgan tomorrow how she feels about this?" I immediately shook my head, "no! No." I said more firmly.

He sighed, "we can hear her opinion." He suggested. "Your her ex.. and I'm her best friend. Everyone knows that won't work." I told him. "If we keep guessing we'll never know.  I want to be with you more than I've ever wanted to be with anyone else in my entire life Katelyn." He said.

He sounded genuine but that's not an easy thing to say. I'm sure he's been with a lot of women. "I want to be with you too.." I whispered but I felt almost ashamed to say that. I feel like I'm betraying Morgan.

"Let's just ask her tomorrow, okay?" He asked. I didn't wanna fight about it anymore so I just sighed and said,  "okay."
_______
Morgan-

"Morgan your gonna burn it!" Lexi yelled in my ear as the bacon sizzled in the pan. "It'll add the extra flavor!! Some of us like burnt bacon!" I complained. "Okay, okay but at least turn it down." Lexi said.

Lexi took some bacon off the grill and put it on her plate, "hey, don't forget to make yourself something." She said as she walked off with the bacon that was supposed to be both of ours.

I looked behind me at Derek's prying eyes and then back at the stove. "Oh, hey Derek. The stoves all yours." I said, wiping off the bacon grease.

"Oh, uhm I actually wanted to talk to you about something." He said. I squinted my eyes at him. "Oh, okay. What is it?" I asked growing nervous. Suddenly Katelyn was next to him and she looked nervous, fiddling with her fingers and looking down.

"Actually, it's uhm..".  "Your in on this too?" I asked in confusion, laughing. "What's up?"

"Morgan.." Derek said. I dropped my smile, "whoa , this sounds serious." I said. "I like Katelyn." Derek came out and said and my eyes widened. "What?" I whispered. "Morgan." Katelyn immediately said, looking up at me.

"I'm.. confused." I said, looking between the two. Derek's arm was wrapped around Katelyn's waist and she short him a look but still looked back up at me. "If your not okay with this say something please." She said, pleading.