Chapter 12: "It's your time to fall."

Chris-

I knocked on Jason's door softly but anger was bubbling inside me. I couldn't believe it when Luna told me what he did to Katelyn.

He looked at the door as I opened it a bit, looking around his room. "Can I come in?" I asked. "Go ahead it won't be my room anymore." He shrugged, putting the last of his remaining things inside his bag.

He's really leaving. "Look, Jason.." he sighed, "Chris if you came here to lecture me just get out." He said, annoyed. I scoffed, "lecture you? You know something Jason?" He turned around, his arms crossed.

"Maybe that's what I should be doing. Your the older brother here, but what you did was so immature! You cheated and broke her heart." I spat.

"Yeah well.. Ethan can fix that." He said. "Can you stop with the whole 'Ethan' thing?! Why did you even cheat on her, huh? She did nothing wrong! I know the way you talked about her Jason. I was there! I was there for two years! And now all of a sudden she's a completely different person to you? Yeah, she's not the different person." I huffed.

"You wanna know why?" He walked closer. "It's because I'm not sure she even loved me!"    "Are you crazy?! Jason, she gave up her relationship to be with you! Katelyn only wants what's best for you. She cares about you so much and this is how you repay her?!"

He rubbed his temples, "just go." He muttered. "Fine! Have fun with that manipulating, backstabbing bitch." I spat in disgust. "You better go." He warned, gritting his teeth.

I turned around and left that room hearing the door slam behind me.

Later...

"I just don't get it." I sighed. "Even though I barely knew him.. he seemed like a good person.." Carter muttered. "I promise he is. I honestly don't know what's gotten into him. He just doesn't want to listen anymore." I replied.

"It's autumn. She's completely manipulated him!" Luna pitched in, annoyed. "But Jason isn't that easily persuaded, right?" Morgan turned to me for answers.

"I didn't think so.." Katelyn nuzzled her head into Chance's fur. She had eye bags under her eyes and I felt horrible. "This just isn't right.." she mumbled, her voice raspy, possibly from crying.

"How could Autumn, this girl we've all only known for a few days just come in and tell him otherwise? Just like that?" Carter asked. "I don't know.." Luna said, looking at everyone.

"What could she want? There has to be more than just this!" Morgan said. "When we first started talking.. she mentioned the house. Who I got it from, how many rooms does it have. Simple questions." Katelyn said, petting chances fur, curled up on her lap.

"A few times I saw her looking around in fascination. She told me how lucky we were to still have a house standing." I said, nodding.

"You don't think..." Luna trailed off. "Maybe she was just.. complimenting it?" Carter suggested. "Yeah, a little too much." I said.

We all stopped and turned mid-conversation when Jason appeared downstairs, his bag on his shoulder and avoiding eye contact with Katelyn. I could see her tearing up but hiding it by nuzzling chances fur again.

Suddenly we all looked to the front door at the sound of heels and there stood the maniac in all her glory. Autumn Caldwell. I looked over to Jason and he quickly averted eye contact.

He walked over to Autumn and we all watched. Katelyn spoke up quickly, "Jason." She called. She hopped off the couch. He turned towards her. "Please.. don't.. go.." she stammered, her voice starting to break. Her voice was extremely quiet and came out as a whisper.