Chapter 28: "A one way ticket."

Liv-

"Ok, are you guys ready?" Toby yelled from behind the staircase. "Ready!" I yelled, giggling. "What's taking so long?" Jake groaned. "Give me a second, will ya?"

Chris chuckled and then Toby rounded the corner from behind the staircase. "I look good, right?" I gasped. Toby was wearing a dress and a flower headband. I wanted to burst out laughing.

"Awww!" All the girls ran towards Toby and crowded around him. "Where did you find that?" Derek asked him, referring to the flower headband.

"You don't think I made this?!" Toby asked him. Chase chuckled, "well.. according to the price tag on the back.." Toby rolled his eyes, "okay, okay fine. I got it at a store in the mall." He reluctantly said.

"Do they have more?!" Lexi asked eagerly, touching the headband. "I think so.. but the zombies coming told me otherwise." Chris groaned, "you didn't go to bell-rose mall again, did you?" He asked. "That's the one." Toby said.

"Damn it all of the cutest stuff is in there!" Morgan whined. "Maybe if we bring enough weapons? by the way has anyone seen Chance in the last hour?" Katelyn asked, looking around.

"I didn't see him." Toby shrugged. "Oh great, what if he snuck out?! I'll be right back!" Katelyn said before she ran outside. Strange.
_____
Katelyn-

I bent down, looking under the bushes. "Chance?" I snapped my fingers. "Chance?" I looked under low places.

Where could he be? This is unusual for him.

"Chance?" I stood still for a moment but, nothing until.. I heard a branch break behind me. "Chance?"

My eyes widened when I felt something rough grab my neck, I screamed at the top of my lungs before I felt something hard hit my head.. and then..

Darkness.
_________
Jake-

"Hey guys, where's Katelyn? It's been awhile." Morgan looked around, growing friskier by the minute. It's been 10 minutes since Katelyn went outside to look for her dog.

"I don't know.. Chance is usually just around the corner." Luna said, furrowing her brows in confusion. Luna pulled out her phone as it pinged.

She smiled, "oh, she just texted me she's taking Chance for a walk."   "In the thunderstorm?" Toby asked, looking out the window. "I guess.. everything's okay?" Luna questioned.

"Then if everything's okay I should probably head back." I said. "Chase, Ever, you coming?" I looked at both of them.
_______
Many years ago
How Everly and Jake first met
3rd person POV

Everly patted down her sand castle, smiling at her accomplishment. She had finally gotten her sand castle to stay in its place.

She started digging with her hands and putting decorations on it but what she didn't know is a little boy was walking towards her in confusion.

"Uhm, hi?.." he mumbled. Everly looked up and her eyes lit up at the sight of a new kid she could play with. "Hi!" She smiled , her teeth showing but the kid looked around in confusion again.

"Where am I?" He asked. Everly hopped out of the sand box. "Where are you?" She looked at him like he was crazy. How a kid not know where they are , she thought.