Chapter Two

Verena always loved dragons.
She watched them with such passion and maybe slight jealously.
The dragons she mostly saw was Syrax and Caraxes when Daemon isn't exiled or doing god knows what.
Verena loves Rhaenyra like a sister. They grew up together and grew a bond unbreakable.
Rhaenyra helped Verena fill the void her father left.

As Verena saw Rhaenyra come down from the skies and land swiftly jumping of her beautiful dragon, Syrax and admiring her while Verena marveled from further away

"īlon emagon naejot jikagon sir. īlon jorrāelagon naejot jurnegon va zȳhon dārōñe."
"Nyra we have to go now. We need to check on Her Grace."

Verena linked her arms with Rhaenyra as Ser Westerling exclaimed,

"Welcome back Princess. I trust your ride was pleasant."

Rhaenyra replied with a raised eyebrow,

"Try not to look so relieved, ser."

Verena replied chuckling,

"It's his head on a spike if you don't return home safely so i think he is maybe a tiny bit relieved Nyra."

Verena then nudged Rhaenyra and said while pulling her up the path to where her sister stood in the carriage never liking the idea of dragon riding.

"nyke olvie relieved ao issi alive.
Qilōni would sagon issa sȳrje raqiros. Alicent?
Sir bona's sepār mundagon."
"I am very relieved you are alive. Who would be my best friend. Alicent? Now that's just sad."

She turned around to see a not so impressed Alicent looking hurt but also wondering what Verena said it did not sound positive.

"I.... Love.... You...."

She said leaning foreword and pronouncing every word.
She loved her older sister.
She treated her with care and loved her as much as she could.
Verena would always be grateful for her.
Then slowly she saw a twitch of Alicent's mouth hinting at a smile.

"I made you smile.
Am i forgiven dear sister?"

She then reached for her head and scrunched up her hair as Verena pushed her of her.
Alicent then looked at Rhaenyra and said,

"Syrax is growing quickly."

Rhaenyra excitedly spoke and said,

"Soon she'll be as big as Caraxes. That's almost big enough to saddle two"

Verena nudged at Rhaenyra with a smile nodding while Alicent quickly said,

"Believe I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you."

While Verena giggled excitedly gushing about how her dream of flying might come true.

As they rounded the corner to the Queen's chambers Verena saw her father heading towards them

As they rounded the corner to the Queen's chambers Verena saw her father heading towards them. He called out to her,

"Verena. We must speak."

Verena bit her tongue.
Remembering vividly how she never wanted to be alone with him.
How she was terrified of his judgement and the way he makes her feel unimportant and stupid.
How through everything she tries so hard to build a bond it's her father. She cannot understand why he hates her so much for a reason she could not control.

She parted ways with the other girls and stepped towards her father.

"Hello father. Is everything alright?"

His face stayed blank as he sighed,

"You disobeyed me again Verena.
You know you are not permitted to be near the dragons.
I myself have told you many times that you mustn't go near them.
You are forbidden.
How hard is it for you to listen to your father.
You are being disrespectful. Start listening or there will be dire consequences. I will hurt you in ways you cannot ignore."

Verena's mouth opens in shock as she mumbles a quick yes sir.
As she squeezed her arms with her nails praying for her tears to not fall. She would not cry.
She would not be seen weak.
Otto Hightower stares for a few seconds before swiftly walking away as Verena's heart started to ache enough to let one sole tear run down her cheek.

She went back to her room and fell to her knees while her hands covered her face as her body shaked.
Her head ached.
She felt lost.
She knew she shouldn't have been at the dragon pit but she didn't think it was a big deal. After all she was with her sister the whole time. Her pity party was interrupted by a knock on the door,

"Vee, jāhor ao accompany alicent se nyke naejot se godswood."
"Vee, will you accompany Alicent and I to the godswood."

Vee and Nyra were best friends since they could remember.
She learnt High Valyrian for Rhaenyra (also Daemon of course) but she always wanted to communicate with her best friend in her mother tongue. She couldn't remember the last time they were separated.
She quickly cleaned up her face and then replied with a yes and opened the door and followed them both to the Godswood with a smile stretched out on her face.

Before she could walk to go with them she caught a glimpse of a silver haired figure and her heart started pounding, racing.
She obviously thought she was hallucinating so she shook off her imagination and continued with Rhaenyra and Alicent.

I hope you liked this chapter!!! me crying in daddy issues.
Daddy Daemon and Vee are going to meet (re meet) next chapter