Chapter Eighteen

Rhaenyra was dancing with Ser Harwin and her betrothed
meanwhile Verena was pulled onto the dancing floor by Edmund.

She danced with him,
grimacing everytime his body got close to hers.

Daemon stared at her from his seat watching her fight of tears and Edmund grabbed her roughly,
making her continue dancing.

Most of him wanted to murder the
man and whisk Verena away and live happily ever after but he knew she didn't trust him at the moment.

He got up from his chair and went up to Verena and Edmund.
Edmund looked up giving Daemon a dirty look and he pushed him out of the way and said,

"May I, Ser Edmund."

Edmund stalked away angrily, shooting Verena a sharp look that meant she would pay for that later.
Daemon and Verena danced for a moment before they pulled back and were just standing staring at each other.

"skoros gaomagon ao jaelagon hen issa daemon? Ao māzigon kesīr tolī nyke rȳbagon murdering aōha ābrazȳrys se skoros? Emagon ao māzigon naejot claim issa? Naejot claim rhaenyra?"
"What do you want from me Daemon?
You come here after i hear you murdered your wife and what?
Have you come to claim me?
To claim Rhaenyra?"

Daemon's eyes widened as he stepped towards Verena getting as close as he could.
Verena could feel his breath.
His warmth.

"iksos bisa skoros ao jaelagon? Bisa daor syt ao.
"Is this what you want?
This is not for you."

They both panted leaning into each other.
Verena contended by saying,

"nyke wasn't aware skoros nyke jeldan mattered naejot ao."
"I wasn't aware what i wanted mattered to you."

"Edmund iksos hen nykeā kostōba lentor se nykeā sȳz azantys, yn nyke ūndegon skorkydoso zūgagon ao issi hen zirȳla, nyke also gīmigon ziry jāhor bore ao senseless. Nyke jaelagon ao."
"Edmund is from a strong house and a fine knight, but i see how scared you are of him, I also know he will bore you senseless.
I want you."

Verena dared him,

"sīr, gūrogon issa pār. Emagon bisa daor issare aōha purpose. Nyke married yn ao kostagon nektogon issa valzȳrys ilagon. Ao issi surely armed. Nektogon rȳ issa valzȳrys se issa kepa. Gūrogon issa naejot zaldrīzesdōron se mazverdagon issa aōha ābrazȳrys."
"So, take me then.
Has this not been your purpose.
I am married but you can cut my husband down.
You are surely armed.
Cut through my husband and my father.
Take me to dragonstone and make me your wife."

He sneered at her securing a grip on her face and bringing her lips to his.

Suddenly a scream occurred in the middle of the dance floor.

People started running trampling at Verena and Daemon.

Daemon lost sight of her and left her again.

She stayed close to the ground covering her head,
Verena looked around and saw Rhaenyra fall to the ground.
She made her way to Rhaenyra and attempted to protect her.
She could hear screaming and people screaming for someone to find the Princess.