Chapter Ten

Ser Criston caught up with Rhaenyra as Verena did shortly after. Verena dismounted running towards Rhaenyra and barrelling her into a strong hug.

A tear slid down Verena's cheek as she held her favourite person. Her nose met her nose as she took deep breaths feeling like she could finally breath again.

Ser Criston interrupted the moment by speaking,

"What happened back there.
And Lady Verena why did you follow?"

Rhaenyra laced her fingers in Verena's as they relished in each other comfort before replying,

"My father.... trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister.
Was.... Was I named heir to the Iron Throne so that might only further raise the standing of a Lord of Casterly Rock."

Verena felt an intense punch of distaste for Viserys, she knew the Lannisters they were slimy mother fuckers. Verena stayed silent unable to speak her rage.

Criston replied,

"Do you want me to kill him."

Rhaenyra does not reply only chuckling at the statement. Before shooting a glance at Verena whose eyes refused to meet Rhaenyra's although her finger continued rubbing the back of Rhaenyra's arm.

"We should return to camp, Princess."

Rhaenyra ignored him and spoke,

"It's a beautiful day.
We should take in the Kings Wood."

Verena nodded smiling while Criston reluctantly walked behind the Princess and Verena.

After a while of silence,
Rhaenyra broke it by starting to question Verena,

"Vee, kostilus ivestragon issa skoros's pirta. Ao emagon issare lyka pār īlon jiōraton naejot bisa dīnagon. Nyke kesīr syt ao. Ao gīmigon bona."
"Vee, please tell me what's wrong. You have been quiet since we got to this place. I am here for you. You know that."

"nyke gaomagon daor jaelagon naejot ȳzaldrīzes hen ziry rhaenyra. Ignoring ziry iksos wise syt sir. Nyke jāhor ivestragon ao isse due jēda, issa jorrāelagon raqiros."
"I do not wish to speak of it Rhaenyra.
Ignoring it is wise for now.
I will tell you in due time,
my dear friend."

Rhaenyra excepted this fact and tossed before starting to question Criston,

"Were you ever betrothed, Ser Criston."

Criston replied,

"I had an adventurous youth when my father served at Blackhaven, to be sure. But my station was never high enough for a formal betrothal.
Before zi spoke my vows as a knight of the Kingsguard, I could've married a common-born girl if i had wished."

Rhaenyra scoffed feeling everything Verena was feeling knowing that choice was not a word they knew.

"How lucky you are to have a day in your own life."