Chapter Nine

When Verena arrived at the hunt. Her face was pale and grim.
Tears threatened to fall as she moved silently behind her father.
As soon as she got there she noticed that the Strong family was already waiting.
If she could shrink and disappear she would.
Verena's face fell blank as her father glared back at her.
Otto guided Verena to Lord Lyonel, Ser Harwin and Ser Edmund.
Verena stood in front of the Lord and nodded her head in respect.

"My lord."

Verena thought her heart would jump out of her throat because of how fast it was beating.
Her face landed on a soft smile. Trying to stop herself from panicking any further.

"Good morrow Lady Verena."

Lord Lyonel spoke nodding his head back.

"I was excited to hear about your promise to marry my son.
It's time we join our houses.
This is my son, Edmund and Harwin. Edmund will be your husband. The wedding will take place in the matter of weeks. It will be a small affair but also with manu present."

Verena wanted to fucking scream.
This was not her choice.
This was all happening so fast.
Her life as she knows it will end.
Thus making her one step closer
to her worst fear.
Child birth.

Verena swallows that thought and smiles graciously,

"It is my pleasure my lord. It is an honour to marry such an honourable man."

Her teeth gritted together as Lord Edmund smirked at her obedience and lack of defiance.

"I am looking forward to getting to know you.
My little lady wife."

Edmund spoke with arrogance laced throughout his tone.
Verena's blood boiled.
She was not someone to be belittled just as she was about to speak up,
The chanting for King Viserys and Aegon had started.

Alicent, Rhaenyra and Verena were all congregating together eating snacks while Ceira Lannister was chatting gossip and speaking about the matter of the battle in the Stepstones

"Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones.
What will happen to her?"

Lady Ceira Lannister spoke, while Verena was zoned out playing with her fingers, rerunning the conversation that she had just had over and over again in her head.

Rhaenyra blankly stares at Lady Lannister as she despite missing all the signs kept speaking,

"She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors.
I fear the gods did not make me for hunting.
Might I sit with you, my ladies?"