Chapter Seventeen

Daemon, feeling sick of being tied to Lady Rhea Royce,
he murdered her.
He killed her roughly and with no fondness at all.
And made his way back to Kings Landing to cause more chaos.

Otto Hightower blamed Alicent for his demotion, when he was about to embark back to Old Town, Alicent pleaded with him to understand that she believed Rhaenyra

Alicent pleaded with him to understand that she believed Rhaenyra.

Otto just told Alicent that she was no fool so he didn't understand why she was acting like one and that there was a dark truth or his truth that Rhaenyra would put her children to the sword.

Alicent sobbed finding herself again conflicted with a choice.
She still believed Rhaenyra was innocent.

Verena sat in her chambers trying to hide the bruises still lingering on her body after the mating ceremony and the nights that followed.
He used her every night.
And every night she would just look up at the roof hoping for a saviour.

Alicent tried to speak to her earlier about Rhaenyra, about being married and everything that is transpiring but Verena could not speak with her.
She was afraid that if she started speaking she'd never stop crying.

 Viserys and Rhaenyra went to broker an agreement with the Velaryons

Alicent was visited by Larys Strong and they spoke about how his father had replaced hers.
He spoke in riddles
before dropping the bomb that he thought Rhaenyra was ill.
Larys knew that she was delivered a
tea
so he told Alicent that fact and
Alicent's heart dropped when he told her that Verena had received the tea as well.

Alicent stewed in her anger while telling Lord Larys that Rhaenyra was fine and well.
Still defending her.
Hiding the fact that she knew Rhaenyra had lied but she had no idea why Verena needed that tea as well.

Lord Corlys was delighted by the proposition of a proposal between his son and the Princess.
Settling on the fact that when the children are born they will have the name Velaryon but when the time comes for the child to ascend the Iron Throne they will bear the name Targaryen.