Chapter Three

At the Godswood Rhaenyra laid with her head on Alicent's lap and her legs sprawled on Verena.
Verena looked up at the sky.
The clear blue sky.
She always wondered what it would feel like to be among the clouds.
To feel the air run through her hair.
To be one with the world.
She day dreamed constantly about the view of the sky from dragon back.

She prayed and prayed for a dragon when she was young.
And her father would always tell her that she was being silly and that she was not a dragon so we would never have a dragon.
She understood that but she was five. A child.
Otto Hightower wasn't one for imagination.

Daemon always promised her that she could always ride Caraxes with him. She missed him dearly. He was one of the only people who cared about her. He was her friend.
Maybe even her family.
They often sent letters back and forth to each other.
She spoke about everything with him and he always said,

'I'll come get you on dragon back.
Take you away.
You are too good for this world.'

She used to never agree.
She was ordinary.

She shook that thought off as she gazed upon her favourite people in Westeros.
Her great protector and her blood. She loved Rhaenyra more than Rhaenyra would ever know.

Alicent spoke to Rhaenyra with a bothersome tone.
Staring intently at Rhaenyra and Verena.

"Did you read it."
"Of course. We read it."

Verena smirked and whispered to Rhaenyra,

"ao sȳrkta sagon lying kesrio syt nyke personally emagon daor idea skoros ziry iksos talking bē. Ao gīmigon nyke don't addemmagon attention isse se septa's qogror."
"You better be lying because i personally have no idea what she is talking about. You know i don't pay attention in the Septa's class."

Rhaenyra chuckled this off while Alicent pushed Verena's shoulder before springing a pop quiz on Rhaenyra and Verena.

After the torture finished. And Rhaenyra and Verena had shown Alicent they knew the knowledge.
Alicent said,

"You're always like this when you are worried"

"I only worry for my mother. I hope for my father he gets a son. That's all he's ever wanted"

Verena knew that Rhaenyra was lying. Her whole life Rhaenyra had been told she wasn't good enough because she was not a man.
Rhaenyra always felt like she had failed her father by being born a girl.
Even though this was something completely out of her control.

Verena looked at Rhaenyra with a knowing look on her face,

"You want your father to have a son?"

As Alicent agrees and nods wanting to know the answer as well.
Rhaenyra stubbornly replied,

"I want to fly on dragon back, see the great wonders of the Narrow sea and only eat cake."

Alicent lifted up an eyebrow and said

"i'm not joking"