Chapter Seven

When Rhaenyra and Verena landed.
They both stared at each unsure what to say.
Before they both burst out in laughter. Not before long Rhaenyra was called to see the King and Verena was summoned to her father.
She would never admit it but she was scared.
She'd seen the Hightower wrath of her father and it always got worse each time.

When she went to see her father he wore a look of thunderous rage that Verena had only seen once before. When she broke Alicent's necklace given to her by her mother. Verena never forgave herself for the tears Alicent wept that day.

"Father. Look i'm sorry. I tried to ask you. And you ignored me as usual."

His face grew in rage, which Verena didn't think was possible and she slightly backed away as he shook with anger.

"You blame me?
After all you have done?
What have I ever done to deserve such a defiant child. I have given you everything you have ever needed.
I asked you to stay here and you go on dragon back.
You have continued to show an utter lack of respect for your father.
Your duty is to me."

His voice trailed into a scream but the end.
Verena knew all of that but she couldn't help but show the hurt on her face.
A sense of defiance burned through Verena. As she screamed fed up with the treatment,

"You haven't given me anything father!
You've given me material things. Yes I have always had clothes, food and shelter.
But I never felt any love from you.
Ever.
Do you know what that does to a child?
I knew you hated me.
You never tried to hide it.
I am sorry i did not listen to you but i did what i thought was right.
I was safe with Rhaenyra the whole time."

He suddenly rushed at her and pushed her back into the brick wall of the castle and sneered,

"Remember when i said i would make your life miserable. Maybe i'll send you to Winterfell.
Maybe i'll send you to Casterly Rock.
Or maybe i will just forbid you from any contact with the princess.
You should tread lightly when the person who speak ill about holds the power over your future."

Verena fell silent retreating and mumbling out apologies but all it did was make him angry and slam her into the wall again.

"Do you understand me?"

Otto said gritting his teeth at Verena. Verena shook with tears.
There was no holding them back.
She hated feeling so weak.
So terrified.
So she retreated back from defiant Verena to the obedient version.
Her face fell blank and Verena replied in a monotone voice,

"Of course My Lord."

The whole small council, Verena, Alicent and Rhaenyra were standing and standing inside the meeting room as King Viserys gathered everyone to announce who his betrothal would be too

The whole small council, Verena, Alicent and Rhaenyra were standing and standing inside the meeting room as King Viserys gathered everyone to announce who his betrothal would be too. The room was quiet as the King spoke,

"Good morrow my lords.
I have decided to take on a new wife.
I intend to marry..."

His head turned to point at Alicent. Verena's jaw dropped and her mind flickered back to the conversation she overhead involving Otto and Alicent. Her heart beat extremely fast as she stared at Rhaenyra whose eyes welled up with tears, the same as hers did as King Viserys spoke his truth, a damning truth.

"The Lady Alicent Hightower before spring's end."

Lord Corlys explodes in rage,

"This is an absurdity. My house is Valyrian. The great power in the realm. We survived the doom."

King Viserys weakly retorted,

"And I am your king."

Lord Corlys storms out and the King stares at his heir.
Rhaenyra had no words for her father. The betrayal she felt was burning in her chest.
Viserys called Rhaenyra's name weakly as Rhaenyra grabbed Verena and dragged her out of the room not before Verena glared at her sister and father who stood in the corner smiling.

Prince Daemon and Lord Corlys met together to organise a fight against the Stepstones and for the possibility of an alliance

Prince Daemon and Lord Corlys met together to organise a fight against the Stepstones and for the possibility of an alliance. They settled on a fight to claim the Stepstones.

I know short chapter but episode three next ep yayyyyyOtto is scary ngl

Otto is scary ngl.
Verena is terrified of him :(
Like and comment 🫶