Chapter Nineteen

TEN YEARS LATER

Verena sat next to Rhaenyra who was giving birth to her third child.
Lots of things had changed in all of the years.
Rhaenyra had two children,
Jacerys Velaryon Heir to the Iron Throne, Lucerys Velaryon heir to Driftmark and was currently pushing her third child out.
Things had changed for Verena as well, she stayed with Edmund hiding her bruises and accepting his apologies, she had two children, a boy and a girl.

They are her world.
Verena named her children
Athena Strong and Maelor Strong.
One name to remind her of Rhaenyra and Daemon and one name which meant 'wise'.
Edmund wasn't really present for the children, he loved Maelor a lot more than Athena.
Perhaps seeing more gain in his male heir.
Maelor would be the next Lord of Harrenhal.

She hadn't seen Daemon in years.
She missed for him more than anything.
Daemon was in Pentos with his wife Lady Laena Velaryon.
And his two children Baela and Rhaena.
Her children were best friends with Rhaenyra's and Laena was a close friend to them both.

Alicent hated Rhaenyra and her sons. As they bore a striking resemblance to Ser Harwin Strong and not their true father Laenor.
She hated how she flaunted her misdeeds around as Viserys refused to see the truth.
Alicent became bitter as she fought for her children, Aegon, Aemond and Haeleana.

Verena knew Harwin was the father of Rhaenyra's kid but she loved those kids. They were Rhaenyra's blood it didn't matter to her which father made them.

 They were Rhaenyra's blood it didn't matter to her which father made them

Verena held onto Rhaenyra's hand as the Midwife spoke,

"Keep breathing."

Rhaenyra breathed rapidly groaning through the pain,

"And push."

Rhaenyra screamed as she squeezed onto Verena's hand.

"And again."

The midwife kept pushing Rhaenyra to push,
while she stuttered out sweating profusely,

"I c.... I can't."

"Nyra, ao emagon tolī. Remiṟhb se ēlī jēda ao ūndan jace se luke. Gūrogon bona feeling se indigon."  
"Nyra you have too.
Remember the first time you saw Jace and Luke.
Take that feeling and push."

Verena commanded and Rhaenyra gritted her teeth and wailed as she pushed as hard as she could,

"The head!"