Chapter Eleven

While Verena and Rhaenyra began their journey back to camp,
King Viserys spoke of how he felt as though he had failed Rhaenyra through his obsession for a son and wondered if he was wrong to make her heir.

He then was made known that Daemon needed aid in the stepstones before he was interrupted by Rhaenyra's presence,
she walked in drenched in blood with Verena also covered in blood as well staggering slightly behind her.

As Verena walked past Alicent and her father she ignored their looks and continued with Rhaenyra before being pulled off the side by Alicent and Rhaenyra was called to speak to the King.

"Your Grace."

Verena said fervently, as Alicent rolled her eyes as she began checking Verena for injuries,

"Cut the formalities.
Are you okay?
What happened?
Father was so worried."

Verena's gaze hardened,

"I am to be wed.
You know i never wanted this.
You may be fine with being sold of for fathers reasons but i am not.
I am not a bargaining chip."

"Verena you know i never wanted this.
You think i would have chosen to lose my two closest friends?
You think i would have chosen to lose my sister.
To have this pressure that i cannot escape?
About the matter of you being wed,
it is Ser Edmund right?
Father and I thought he was great match for you."

Verena's heart stopped.
She couldn't believe it.

"So you are saying that you again conspired behind my back with father.
So much for those apologies.
If you didn't want to lose me you wouldn't have sold me off without even speaking to me."

"Would you have spoken to me?
You play the victim in every scenario.
You haven't really even looked at me for three years.
I have tri-"

"I have always known my duty Alicent but i would have liked to be involved in the proceedings.
Now this conversation is over.
Your Grace.
Enjoy the celebrations."

With that Verena walked away to her tent to clean off the blood and the dirty feeling. She stayed in the tent content with ignoring everyone.

Rhaenyra opened up with her father about her worries of her status as heir because of Aegon and the way of the world

Viserys was offended by the insinuation and attempted to reassure Rhaenyra that she had misread the situation.
Viserys told her that she must marry so she can strengthen her claim and that she herself could find herself a match and not be so alone and angry.

Daemon was in the Stepstones when the letter from Viserys came telling him that aid was sailing his way.
Instead of feeling relieved all he felt was anger so he stormed down to where the Triarchy was and ended the fight before the aid could arrive.
Daemon won.

His thoughts kept falling back to Verena.
He missed her.

I know this is a short chapter but just wanted to finish up episode 3 but also like a lot has happened