Chapter Six

King Viserys was offered a betrothal to Lady Laena Velaryon. Corlys hoped to unite the houses for a chance of the throne for his blood.
When the meeting was finished Rhaenyra and Viserys had a discussion about his duty to the realm and by the end of it they both understood each other.

Laena and Viserys went out on a walk together.
And the age difference startled Viserys.
It made him uncomfortable.

Rhaenyra and Rhaenys had a conversation about the cruel patriarchy and the order of things in the world

Rhaenyra spoke about how she would change the order of things.
Rhaenys let her in on the hard truth.

"Men would sooner put the realm to the torch than see a woman ascend the Iron Throne."

Alicent went and visited the King again.
And brought him a gift.
The King decided there and then who he would choose to marry.
This choice would ruin everything between Rhaenyra and Alicent and soon Verena.

Rhaenyra stood in the small council meeting with Verena standing behind her as her father had invited her there

King Viserys came in and saw a scroll on the table in high valyrian.
Viserys spoke sighing,

"Daemon."

"The Prince left a missive which i believe might explain."

The missive wrote,

"It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen, the Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the iron throne, to announce that he is to take a second wife in the tradition of Old Valyria. She is to assume the title Lady Mysaria of Dragonstone. Her Grace is with child and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babes cradle in the custom of House Targaryen."

The scroll invited King Viserys to Daemon's wedding.
It is in two days time.
Again King Viserys sighed,

"Gods be good.
Who is Lady Mysaria?"