11

" Asahi? "

Asahi hummed as a response. His eyes didn't budge from the book that was open widely in front of him. The school bell already rang for the last time today. Which means school time already end.

The class was already empty without students except the two.

" What happened to you? " Hyunsoo asked, her eyes wild travelling around Asahi's face.

His head was wrapped again. The corner of his lips swollen. same with his cheek bone.

" None of your business " he replied nonchalantly.

" You want me to bring you to hospital? you look ho- "

His hand stop moving " Actually what do you want? "

Hyunsoo twisted her lips between her teeth and smack it once. bad mouth. she thought. " uhmm, I want to ask about the math competition preparation "

" Let's just do our own revision " He answered coldly, not even caring to spare a glance at the desperate girl " just ask me if you need any help "

Hyunsoo's lips scrunched up in annoyance " Can you look at me when we are talking? "

" No "

Hyunsoo scoffed in disbelief. So arrogant? But then a light bulb lit up above her head. A smile crept on her face " Sa " Hyunsoo called out. She went to the empty chair and pulled it closer to Asahi's desk.

Sa? Who allowed her to give me a nickname? Asahi judged her in silence. His eyes are still on his book.

Hyunsoo placed the chair in front of Asahi's table. She threw her right leg across the chair and sat in the opposite position of the chair " I received a flower this morning " Hyunsoo started her story. Her eyes sparked in excitement as she watched the boy's doing.

Asahi's eyebrow hitched. Suddenly? He thought. Still not wanting to move his head nor his eyes to look up at Hyunsoo. But his ears are all for her.

Hyunsoo clicked her tongue when she received no response from the bookworm. But she just shook her head and continue her story " Sweet pea. Do you know that flower? " Her goal is to grab Asahi's attention.

But instead, she got deep in her thought. Her eyes narrowed to the dark purple-to-white shades of petals on her desk " It means goodbye"

Asahi automatically brought his hand up to massage his forehead. I should have put on the meaning along with the flower after this.

" wait, goodbye? " Hyunsoo tilted her head in confusion. Why 'goodbye'?

It is 'pleasure', you dumb. Asahi cursed in his mind.

" Heeseung " Hyunsoo quickly got her bottom off the chair. She jogged to her desk, tidied her stuff, and stormed out of the class " Bye, Sa! "

Asahi's jaw dropped. He was lost for words when Hyunsoo thought it was from Heeseung. He finally raised his head up and followed the girl's movement.

Until she out of his sight, Asahi sighed.

It was a pleasure to work with you. That is what I meant, Hyunsoo.

❀❀❀

" Hee! " Hyunsoo waved her hand to call Heeseung over to her place in the crowded cafe.

It was 5 p.m. in the evening. Friday.

Teenagers already welcoming their weekend. So that the cafe was full of laughter and people. Plus they are minor. They can't drink yet.