17

" Our presidents succeed in bringing back our mathematics championship trophy to brighten the trophy rack, give them applause " Sir Eunwoo announced during the assembly, receiving a thunderous clap in the hall.

" Despite being busy with their task to lead the school, they still manage to work together and come up with various solutions to answer the question. On top of that, they got to answer all of the questions correctly "

Whistles and screams bathed the indoor space, the hall was showered with claps once again, congratulating the smart partner on the stage.

Hyunsoo searched the eyes of him before she smiled as their eyes linked. Asahi nodded and faced back to the front.

Today, instead of another turtleneck, Hyunsoo wrapped her neck with a marble scarf. Blue-black interspersed with white, blended well with her uniform.

" I hope all of you could learn from them. They are student presidents for reasons. Benefit it while they are still here as your leader. I will end my speech here, where it will be the end of our assemble, students now may enter your classes now "

Sir Eunwoo then turned his back on the microphone and looked at the two." You may do your work now " The two bowed in respect and ambled off the stage before they went to the hall's door. Ensure that students are not pushing each other on their way out.

Hyunsoo observed the back door as another prefect took care of the front door. while Asahi managed backstage to keep all of the things back in place.

The first-year student passed, then the second-year student, and now the third-year student.

One by one student left the hall until a girl reached her, she pushed Hyunsoo to the door frame, making her whimper in pain.

" Championship in mathematics competition? And what now? you are proud of it and even want to be a fashionista? " She jeered as her index finger kept nudging Hyunsoo's shoulder.

" Ryujin, What is wrong with you? " Hyunsoo shrieked back.

Ryujin tched under her breath and crossed her arms " What is wrong with me??!! It is you " She screamed in her highest pitch before she stormed to Hyunsoo and pulled out her scarf.

Ryujin snatched it a little too hard which made Hyunsoo fall to her knees.

And that was when people began to gasp hard.

A scar

on her neck

Ryujin scoffed, not believing what she had seen. She bent on her knees and said " What now? Is that the secret behind your achievement? Suicide? " Ryujin laughed loudly, throwing her head back as her mouth wide open.

Whispers swelled into the air. Hyunsoo kept her head low, not wanting to face people who have been staring at her.

" Say that again " A voice in a cold tone uttered.

Hearing it made Ryujin gulp her saliva hard. She knew whose voice was that. In fact, it was very familiar in her ear.

Tense swelled to the air. Ryujin twisted her head to look at the owner of the voice. Her body stiffened as she shivered. " A-Asahi... " she stuttered

The said boy looked at Ryujin as rage began to smoke inside him. He then glanced at Hyunsoo who was still on the floor, fear look was written clearly in her eyes.

Hyunsoo wrapped her arms under her knees when she buried her face between them, And her face become wet.

" What the hell did you say? Suicide? " Asahi moved a step approaching Ryujin.