Chapter 12: Husband

"Don't wander around. It'll be trouble if you get lost here." A said.

"It isn't like I've never been here" zhan said and followed behind ignoring the surprised glances of the agents who were walking in the hallway.

The whole base is full of white and there were doors here and there. This base is like a maze. If you aren't familiar with the direction, you will really get confused. For example, if an intruder somehow enters the base and then choose a random direction to move,  it's no doubt that he will find himself in the same place after wandering for a long time.

"That make sense." A said.

After a while zhan sat down with A opposite of him. It was A's private office. Only Top 10 agents can enter his office. Who knows what secret treasure is in this office. The room's furniture, design is still the same. Nothing changed.

Zhan got to the point,"Wang Yibo came in contact with a local gangster. He is not a big chess piece, someone is behind him. He talked about a stone which made Wang Yibo kill him instantly. I saw Agent 003 during a mission. Did you engage him to K1?"

"What do you think?"

"About Agent 003, I don't think he will be able to handle it. Replace him. Those people from K1 aren't naive and they are related to Wangs. He is careless and will only get himself killed. Arrange someone else."

A seemed to think about it. Zhan didn't stop here. He continued, " I assume both Wangs and K1 are searching for that stone as they are closely related. If that's true, then that stone is not something ordinary. And I don't think they will leak the information to anyone, there was no report on the 'stone' before. That local thug who got himself killed might be the Chess piece initiated by K1 to confuse Wangs."

A nodded and finally said, "You can't be sure if he is only from K1."

"That's right. If he is from k1 then Wang Haoxuan wouldn't send his men at the scene. But I heard Wang Haoxuan is a lunatic. He can also send people to mess around....?"

"Try to find out who is the other person beside k1. Then you might have a clue." A said.

"A, you know about the stone..right?"

A sighed and admitted, "Yes. You have a clear understanding of the riots between Wangs and K1. They are same in nature. They are indeed looking for a stone. I don't know what speciality it has but this stone is extremely important. They are looking for...a crystal and it should be a blue crystal. "

Zhan swallowed the information he got. He lowered his head and thought, you indeed know about this. I'm afraid this is gonna be a real disaster soon.

Zhan isn't a total naive person. He has got his agent's badge because of his own ability and he had handled countless criminals. And so he knew where it is going.

He was aware of the incident that happened many years ago and at that time A was leading his team. They were after the Wangs and then something happened , all of the senior agents except A were wiped out.

Is it because of the So called blue crystal? If yes, then Zhan is sure A knew all about it. Then why did A hide it from Zhan the moment he took over the mission?

"Were you testing me , A?"

"You are sure my beloved agent , 007", A said with a strange smile on his face which made Zhan regret pulling out that joke.

So A was indeed testing him all along. Zhan now doubts,  if he was destined to take this mission from the start. And the sudden replacement of Agent 001 makes it more obvious.