chapter 32: A-(explanation)

Zhan stood infront of an old building which is known as an orphanage. It was silent all around but only zhan knew if he makes any unusual attempts , this will be his ending pit .

Taking a deep breath , he stepped into the orphanage , not even trying to conceal himself. Finally he entered the storeroom and faced the wall. Taking out his agent identification card , he tried to gamble if he can get inside. What happened next still surprised Zhan. His card indeed worked. When he finally got out of the surprised state , he was already standing inside the cage like elevator.

When he got out of the elevator, the same white walls came to his view. The scenery remained the same but the corridor is empty. Sound of needle falling could be heard clearly. He stopped for a moment before walking ahead according to his memory.

Finally , the familiar office stood infront of him. He left the dazzling white suffocating corridor and pulled open the transparent door. The office wasn't brightly lit like outside. Sure enough, that person is still sitting there , looking as imposing as when he last saw him.

A sat on his comfortable office chair , his head leaning on the head of the chair with his legs overlapping each other.  At this time, this person looked really lonely, aloof as if the worldly matter are no longer related to him.

"You finally remember to come back , you lawless kid?" A low tired male voice sounded in the empty office.

Zhan remained silent. A let out a low laugh as he opened his eyes, "Why are you silent, speak."

Zhan took in a breath again. His pale cheeks finally turned pinkish,  maybe because of the drink he has before.

"I came...to say goodbye. " Zhan spoke.

A paused before laughing again. He got up and walked slowly towards Zhan. He touched Zhan's head and messed up his wet hair. Then he pointed at something on the shelf.

On the shelf was a half broken toy car. One of it's wheels is missing while the front had a bump. It was undoubtedly tortured by a cheeky kid.

Zhan looked at the car with a puzzled expression.

"Many years ago, a troublesome kid was brought into LIA. At the age of 2 he learned to talk and run. At the age of 6 he learned to play tricks. At the age of 12 he became rebellious. That daring kid gathered around some agents to help him get away every time. There was a time when he got his hand on a toy car , he controlled the car to smash on the door of my office.
Once he received a toy gun as his birthday gift, he used that gun to fire at everyone he had his sight on, until he was punished to stand facing the wall for hours."

A paused , sighing he asked Zhan, "those days were tiring but I rather hope you never grew up."

Zhan pursed his lips with a frown, "I also hoped that you'd be honest with me, for once."

A adjusted his glasses and sat down with a solemn expression. He motioned Zhan to sit too but he remained standing still. The expression on his face is hard to make out.

"Things have already came this far, even if I try I can't turn it back. Tell me, what do you want to know?"

"Who's agent B and agent Z? What happened that year? Why....you know everything right?"

A froze. He didn't expect Zhan to know this much. His voice turned cold, "who told you?"

"Who else?"

"....sure enough. You fell into their hands. I was careless. "

Zhan frowned as he listened A speak. A pinched the place between his brows. Zhan could see A looked thinner than before, the light that seemed to shine in those calculative eyes is no longer there. If one looks carefully they can see the faint circles under his eyes, hilighting the fatigue.