35 - Flirting

(I finally wrote more chapters! Yay writer's block decreasing enough to write more!)

Pastor Jung was furious.

Hyunjin was riding shotgun again. And yes, it was for the same reason of not getting into an accident. No one wanted to tumble hood over wheels into the corn fields lining the highway on their way back. There was one primary difference this time.

Openly affectionate couples.

They didn't go as far as kissing. At least Changbin and Felix didn't. But both newly bonded couples were holding hands, cuddling, telling each other how cute they were. There was zero shame in Changbin, Felix, Han and Minho's actions towards one another.

And Chan was loving every second of it.

"So a leadership retreat, huh?" The second eldest among them asked.

"There was leadership in the name." Jung countered.

"A leadership where people were physically harmed for feelings they can't control?"

"It was only rubber bands." The driver scoffed as he stared Chan down in the rearview mirror. "It's not like they whipped you."

"Oh, so YOU got to know the itinerary before we went. That's rich."

The ride back went much like that. Chan and pastor Jung going back and forth. Han and Felix kissing their respective partners on the cheek, or cuddling into their shoulders in an attempt to sleep. Minho was ecstatic that he loved someone long enough to be with them. He could treat his Hannie like the princess he deserved. Changbin was still shocked that the boyfriend conversation was real. Every time he remembered, he leaned over and kissed one of Felix's freckles, which he promised himself to cherish until the end of time.

"What is it, Binnie?" Felix asked after this happened for the fifth or sixth time.

"We're officially together, and it makes me so happy that I have to kiss you." Changbin pouted slightly. "I can stop if you want. If it makes you uncomfortable."

"No, I love it." Felix sat up from using Changbin's shoulder as a pillow and kissed his forehead after sweeping his bangs back. "I love you, and I'm glad you're happy."

"Are you happy?" Changbin asked nervously.

"Yeah." Felix held his chin to look into the captivating brown eyes. "I'm always happy when I'm with you."

Changbin looked towards the front of the van. If they were alone, they would be sharing a kiss right now. He respected pastor Jung immensely, but he was wrong about this. Felix moved his thumb against Changbin's lips, taking his bottom lip between his fingers and applying pressure. Changbin closed his eyes tight as his breath hitched.

"You temptress." Changbin opened his eyes, which were now full of lust. "I'm not going to be a virgin much longer at this rate."

"We're church kids!" Felix widened his eyes back, shooting his own glance towards the driver's seat.

"Don't deny it, you want me like that too." Changbin whispered, leaning in to hover over Felix, trapping the blonde between his arms.

"Only if I get to top."

"Deal." Changbin responded with a wink.

"TMI!" Han shushed them.

"Okay, fellow bottom..." Changbin quipped.

Han let out a squeal. "Don't judge me! Also, how do you know?"

Han wiggled his eyebrows at the backseat couple, taking Minho by surprise with a quick kiss. Minho didn't hesitate, grabbing the back of his neck and meeting their lips together again when Han tried to pull away. Chan poked Minho as the kisses became more intense, but the couple had no shame about their long buried love finally surfacing.

"That's how you know." Minho said nonchalantly, putting his arm over Han's shoulders like nothing happened.

"You'll let me try if I beg hard enough."

"I will?"

"Why are you two so extra?" Hyunjin turned from the front seat, a mixture of amusement and disgust on his face.

"Look who's talking..."

Minho stuck his tongue out at Hyunjin. The van was relatively silent after that, and before they knew it, they were back in the church parking lot. They grabbed their bags from the trunk and stretched out, dreading the idea of needing to go back to school. Everyone rushed off to get back to school except Changbin and Felix. Felix had decided to take the day off to spend with Changbin and go talk to his mom about their relationship. Changbin did what he did after every retreat: Get back to the church, drive home, and tell his mom all about what happened.

"Nervous?" Changbin asked as they walked on the sidewalk towards the front door next to the garage.

Felix rubbed circles on the small of his back. "A little. You?"

"A lot."

Changbin opened the door, looking around at the familiar environment and smiling. He heard two voices and a familiar laugh.

"Binbun! Is that you?" His mom called out.

"Yeah! I want you to meet..."

Changbin's anxiety spiked when he saw her. Around the corner, in the hallway between the kitchen and the door, appeared a girl with long brown hair, shorter than him, with a wide smile on her face.

"Hi Binnie." She said to him, looking quickly at the unfamiliar boy, then giving Changbin the biggest smile. "Surprise!"