𝟎𝟓

↬ 

𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫.

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 and Aelora found herself to be up quite early. She had been flying with Vermithor, her favorite thing to do. After the events of the previous night she decided she had earned a calm day. And there's nowhere she felt calmer than on her dragon.

Vermithor reached the ground on a field a little outside King's Landing, allowing Aelora to get off. Anywhere was better than being there. They kept the dragons in the Dragonpit, which didn't allow them to grow very big and go on the adventures and hunt the way they're supposed to. She allowed Vermithor to roam free, as she knew he would always stay close to her.

She remembered the first time she arrived at King's Landing with Vermithor, when they demanded Aelora to lock the beast with the others. Aelora wanted nothing of the sort, she simply rolled her eyes at them. The guards threatened her, but she knew better. She was the daughter of the rightful heir, they would not harm her. Aelora snickered and turned to her dragon. "If they do not behave any second now, you will be allowed to roast them and have their corpses for dinner," she threatened the guards. Vermithor, as if he understood his rider, turned his head to the guards with a grin spread across his face. The guards never bothered Aelora again after.

She can't help but laugh everytime she thinks about it.

Her thoughts got interrupted. "I suppose you are angry with me, Princess." She turned to the young Prince who had hid his eye with an eyepatch. She crossed her arms, "why would I be, uncle?" Aemond took his steps carefully, Vermithor never took his eyes off him and he felt it. He had no intention of hurting Aelora, he just wanted to know where she stood. "Me, claiming Vhagar." Aelora scoffed humorlessly. "She was available, it was your right to do so." Aelora started walking away, Aemond jogged to her side. "Does that mean I hate you for it? No." Aemond felt his heart beating again. He felt fear when he rode Vhagar for the first time and when Lucerys took his eye but this truly topped all of that. "I am however not pleased with how you treated my family," she exclaimed, stopping in her tracks. "They took my eye, Aelora." Aemond was not pleased with the tone she had spoken with. "Yes, and I sympathize with you, but that does not mean I cannot be displeased with you." Aemond slowly nodded in agreement, but he was still annoyed with her for choosing their side when they're the ones responsible for the loss of his eye. "They stole from you, are you displeased with that too?" Aelora crossed her arms behind her back. "Very," she raised her eyebrows, "and I have spoken to them about it. But I am more upset at the damage they caused with it."

She did, she truly did, but she also felt a spark of joy in her chest when Luke told her how he handled it. She had taught her brothers some defense moves, and she's happy that it stuck with them.

There was that feeling again that Aemond did not understand. He was upset with her family, he should not feel this way for her when she is part of that family. Aelora took a step closer to him, the girl was growing fast, while Aemond wasn't. She was slightly taller than him, but they didn't care. She reached for his eyepatch, but he turned his head away. He felt embarrassed, and most of all, he felt ugly. He did not want her to see him like this. Like the monster he felt himself to be.

"Can I, please?" She asked, soft. The same softness in her voice as when she reached down to help him. Aemond allowed her and she slowly raised his eyepatch off his head. The stitches were very clear as the incident had only happened the day before. "Does it hurt?" She asked as she brought her fingers to his stitches. He shook his head, "Not anymore." She slowly traced the big scar that started to show across his eye. Her fingers felt warm against his face and he had trouble breathing. He wanted her to be this close forever. Her touch felt like an angel and he would do everything to keep his pearl by his side. Aelora allowed her fingers to roam, stopping on his cheek. She knew she could not pursue anything further, since she needed to be kept pure for her future husband. She could feel his eyes on her lips and she so desperately wanted to lean in, to feel, to touch, but she could not. She could not let her mother down like that. She moved her hand but Aemond placed his on top of hers, keeping it where it was. Aemond knew he could not do what he wanted, he could not do that to her, he cared too deeply for her. But that did not mean he couldn't be close to her. He slowly lowered his head, making Aelora follow. Their foreheads touched as she felt his grasp on her hand that remained on his cheek.

"I return home in a few hours." His tone was sad. He was sad, he did not want to leave her, especially not now. Not when he's this close to her. "I heard," she simply said. Even if she did not want to admit it, she was going to miss him. They did not talk much, but they did hold conversations with just their eyes. A whole story, told by only them. She would miss his glances. "I suppose this is goodbye then." She disconnected their foreheads and placed a small kiss on Aemond's cheek. Aemond looked at his left, where Vermithor was breathing down his neck. Goosebumps formed on his arms. He accepted the kiss and watched as she walked away from him with his heart, perhaps forever.

Aelora hadn't wrapped her mind around the fact that in a span of only a few hours her father was dead, and her mother was now marrying the man her heart so deeply yearned for. Aemond leaving, stab. Her father dying, stab. In only a matter of only a few days her world had been turned upside down. Not to mention her feelings towards the young Prince.

She felt troubled by it all, her name day was arriving soon and the only thing she wanted to do was disappear. Her heart could only take so much pain in a small period of time and the only thing that felt right for her was to just let go, but when she looked at Jace and Luke's smile she reminded herself why she couldn't.

✺✺✺

i'm very overwhelmed with the support i've gotten on this book :')
i hope you're loving aelora and aemond as much as i am :)
thank u so unbelievably much <3