𝟑𝟎

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐛𝐚𝐥.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 his piercing emerald eyes on the Princess. Vermithor remained next to Aelora, but he had calmed down in the process. The Cannibal wasn't here to harm the future Queen, he was here for her. Only the Princess wasn't aware of it yet.

You could call her stupid because she didn't flee on Vermithor right away, but something made her stay. She realized that all it would take to die was for the enormous creature to open his mouth and breathe fire. But she kept standing, and she never took her eyes off of his. Aelora was nervous, and The Cannibal could only focus on the smell of sweat trickling down her back. His nostrils flared at the scent. But instead of attacking, he also kept his place.

She very well knew that dragons could not talk back, but it didn't stop her from asking the questions that entered her mind. If the connection was there, she would be able to understand him without problem. "Nyke gīmigon qilōni ao issi." (I know who you are) The dragon grunted in agreement. No other creature was as terrifyingly beautiful as The Cannibal. With scales as black as coal, he took the award of being one of the most feared creatures in all of Westeros. For his name wasn't given by accident, it was given to him by the smallfolk, accusing him of feasting on dead dragons, smaller dragons and dragon eggs. None of it has ever been proven, but as time went on, the dragon started to act like the name he had been given. He never harmed people, as long as they left him alone. He wasn't one to seek out an unnecessary war with them.

Some of them, stupidly enough, even attempted to ride the creature. They very well knew a dragon could only be ridden by a Targaryen, but that didn't stop them from trying. And to no one's surprise, all of them failed. The people in King's Landing would start a search for the creature, promising his head to their King at the time.

Those people never returned home.

The Princess was well aware of his status, and what he does to people who would dare to interrupt his peace. But it wasn't Aelora who searched for him, it was he who searched for her.

"Se ao gīmigon qilōni nyke." (And you know who I am) The Cannibal grunted at the Princess, confirming her question. She frowned and turned her body to Vermithor. The tales of a Targaryen having more than one dragon were just that, tales. Aelora grew up with that story, for the little girl wanted nothing more than to have as many dragons as possible. Although she was more than content with her Bronze Fury, her desire for more winged creatures grew stronger each day. 

"Issi ao kesīr naejot ōdrikagon issa?" (Are you here to harm me?) The dragon took a step back, indicating that he had no desire to continue the fight with Vermithor. The Bronze Fury himself, however, took a step forward, shielding the Princess behind him. Aelora chuckled as she caressed the beast's scales, shushing him in the process. "Nyke gaomagon daor gīmigon skoros maghagon ao kesīr, yn surely ao līs emagon nykeā drīve." (I do not know what brings you here, but surely you must have a reason

The dragon looked behind him, and snarled at the thought of King Aegon. You could call her mad, but Aelora could have sworn she felt a sharp sting course through her stomach. It was the same kind of connection she and Vermithor had, only more vague. She wanted to test her theory, and calmly took a few steps toward the beast. 

She put her hand out in front of her. Although she knew he would not harm her, it was still a wild beast who had never been tamed. She whispered the same word she had whispered to Vermithor for the very first time. "Lykiri, Cannibal." (Calm down) The dragon wasn't showing signs of agitation, but it could shift its mood in the matter of only seconds. So Aelora took it upon herself to calm him down before he would get any ideas. 

The dragon had an enormous horn sticking out of his nose, making him that more terrifying. As Aelora came closer to him, she noticed all the little details on his scales. The scars he had suffered due to fights with other dragons. The mark in his neck, shaped like the teeth of a pitchfork. Aelora lowered her head at the thought of someone harming this creature. It made her that more angry than she already was.

She got closer to him, to the point she could feel his breathing on her cheek. He had lowered his head slightly to her frame. It was like he was inviting her to connect. This creature was deemed a murderer. But for Aelora, the way he was looking at her right now, he was nothing more than a wounded animal searching for a place to call home.

She connected her hand to the side of his nose. The feeling of his cold scales against her warm hand sent shivers down her spine. She smiled as she placed her forehead against him, her other hand making its way to the other side of his face. The smile on Aelora's face grew wider as she realized what she had just accomplished. 

Vermithor's feelings of hatred toward the beast had disappeared the minute he felt the connection between her and The Cannibal. For it was not only her that had just connected with the murderous beast.

The Targaryen Princess had now made history. The first future Targaryen Queen, riding not only The lethal Bronze Fury, but also The terrifying Cannibal.

"You're mine now."

✺✺✺

i'm back from the dead 🕺