𝟑𝟐

↬ 

𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞.

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 King's Landing as if the sky knew what horrible thing would be occurring that night. Queen Alicent had taken herself to her chambers earlier, her head feeling heavy as she processed everything that had happened in the last weeks. And although she was too stubborn to admit it, she missed Rhaenyra. The two shared a bond that Alicent kept sacred in her heart. The Dowager Queen's decisions may not have been in Rhaenyra's best interests sometimes, but that didn't change her feelings for the white haired woman. Alicent had a duty she needed to complete. But she hadn't realized how much it would hurt her. Perhaps it was guilt she was feeling. No one really knows. The only thing that is remembered from this night were Princess Helaena's screams. Those horrid screams.

A soft knock sounded on Alicent's door. Helaena offered her mother a small smile as she let her three children run off to their grandmother. Every night before Helaena put her children to sleep, she would visit her mother to let her give them a kiss goodnight. "I almost thought you had forgotten to visit, darling daughter of mine." Alicent placed the little children on the bed next to her. "No, mother." Helaena waited at the door. But everyone's eyes turned as a stranger jumped from behind the enormous curtains, his knife already pressed on Alicent's neck. Alicent, in response, pushed the twins and Maelor off the bed so they could run away. Helaena ran to her children, laced their hands together with hers and turned around to run as fast as she could. But she was stopped by another individual. it seemed as if the duo were working together. One of them gagged Alicent with a wet cloth before wrapping her arms in a tight knot with some rope. The smaller one of the two signed that the coast was clear, ready to make their way. The bigger man took the lead, killing every guardsman in their way. When they arrived at an empty chamber, he pushed the Princess and her children inside. He signaled to the smaller one to barricade the door. No one was allowed in, and no one was allowed out.

Helaena fell to her knees, pulling her children close to her, protecting their heads under her arms. She made sure their eyes were closed. "P-please, who are you?" The two men laughed amusingly at the terrified Princess. Blood and Cheese, they were named. Their real names were unknown, but when their enemies heard those two names they would run away screaming. the bigger one, Blood, crouched in front of Helaena. He let his eyes roam over her, taking in every little detail. The smaller one, Cheese, smacked Blood on his shoulder. "That is not why we are here, focus." Blood grunted in response before taking himself back to his feet. "Is it coins you want? I can offer you coins!" The Princess pleaded through her tears. Blood smiled at her, "we are not here for coins, Princess. We are here to collect a debt." Helaena was too upset to process those words, she didn't know what they meant. A debt? The Princess was scared beyond words. "It is you who will get to choose." The big man raised his eyebrows, "I'll make it easier for you." Helaena stuttered, scared to give the wrong answer. Blood reached the point of his knife to her children's heads. First to Jaehaera, "eeny." Then to Jaehaerys, "meeny." And lastly to her youngest, Maelor, "miny." He even pointed it to Helaena herself, "moe."

She understood her assignment. She needed to choose between the four of them. "Me! Not my children, take me." As Cheese smiled, his yellow teeth shone through the moonlight. "Dear girl, you don't count."

"N-no! Not my children! Please just take me, please!" She pleaded as she covered her children's ears. She sobbed, Cheese raised her chin up, making her look him in the eyes. "Not all, just one." But Helaena shook her head violently, how could they expect her to make a choice? These were her children. She lived for them. She wouldn't be here anymore if she didn't have them. "Please," she begged. "Either you choose, or Blood here will take your daughter's innocence. Then when she is older, she will be tossed around like the whore she will be. A Princess without her maidenhood, a disgrace," he whispered in the Princess's ear. Helaena hated herself for what she was about to do next. She loved all of her children dearly, and it is because of that love that she had to make a decision to protect at least two of them. She opened her mouth, a squeaky voice, "Maelor."

She thought it was the smartest thing to do. He was her youngest, he didn't understand what was happening, so he wouldn't suffer. She was disgusted with her choice, but she didn't regret it. Cheese moved his head to little Maelor who was still buried in the crook of his mothers neck. "You hear that boy? Your mother wants you dead." The three children turned their heads as Cheese's words reached their ears. Maelor grabbed his mother's hand in fear. When Cheese turned around to give Blood a grin, Blood knew what was waiting for him.

Before Helaena or anyone else could understand what was happening, Blood reached for his sword, pulling it out of his booth. He raised his sword, and with one strike he beheaded little Prince Jaehaerys. Helaena screamed bloody murder as her oldest son's cold body fell on the floor, his head rolling beside it. Cheese picked up the head and fled the scene quickly after, Blood following behind.

They did not harm Helaena, Jaehaera or Maelor. Helaena clutched her two remaining children close to her chest. Too embarrassed to even look at Maelor because of her choice. Her son's body remained laying next to her. Cold, dead. The Princess screamed until her voice gave out. Whatever reason they had, they had no right taking her child. She never harmed anyone. She was good. And yet, she had to pay the price. The price of her husband's blunder. Every emotion she was feeling became more intense with the minute. She already missed her little Prince.

She could recollect her breath when the door got broken down by guardsmen who heard her screams. What they witnessed could make a grown man cry. Helaena's dress was soaked with blood at the bottom. She had her son's lifeless body in her arms. Hugging him tightly.

Alicent watched from afar. She knew the person responsible. When she looked down she noticed a little piece of paper. "A son for a son." She crumbled the paper and threw it in the fire. Helaena could never know that this was because of Aegon.

She had lost her precious boy because of Aegon, and Alicent knew it.

✺✺✺

i'd be lying if i said this chapter didn't hurt me to write