𝟐𝟎

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈.)

𝐀𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 along with Aelora as their dragons kept going near each other, wanting to be as close as possible. It seemed that Vermithor and Vhagar chose to walk the same path their riders were on. The beasts had bonded through the love their masters shared, and it ran deep. "You would think they love each other," Aemond shouted through the winds at Aelora. Aelora smiled down at Vermithor before shifting back to Aemond. "Yeah, you'd think," she expressed with a big grin across her lips.

But they weren't talking about the dragons.

They landed at Dragonstone after spotting Meleys from above, Rhaenys had already arrived. Aelora slid off Vermithor's back as Aemond held out his hand for her. "Such a gentleman," she smiled. Aemond shrugged subtly, like it was something he would do for the rest of his life. As long as it was with her. Aelora flung her arms around his neck, letting her head fall slightly back to make eye contact. "You're so.." Aemond slid his hands around her waist, pushing her closer. "So what? Incredible? Handsome? Incredibly handsome?" Aelora's chuckle was his favorite sound.

"Captivating," she then spoke. "A captivatingly beautiful man. And I truly, madly, deeply love you." Aemond's eyes widened at her words. The way she spoke them, soft but meaningful. The look in her eyes confirmed her seriousness. Aelora smiled up at her Prince, proudly. "Careful, princess. I am not afraid to rip off that dress and take you right here, right now," he whispered in her ear, goosebumps taking place on the princess' body. If they were not right in front of the castle she might've accepted his proposal. Aemond cupped her face in his hands, his left thumb stroking her cheek, softly. "And I love you, issa gevie nūmio." (my beautiful pearl)

Right before they entered the castle, Aelora stopped. Aemond turned to her, a worried look playing across his face. "Are you alright?" Aelora quickly nodded. "Yes, absolutely. It's just-," she sighed, unable to finish her sentence. Aemond walked over to her. "Is it because of your father?" The Princess laughed, but shook her head. "No. Although I'd keep my distance from him for a while if I were you." Aemond's eye crossed to the stones beneath them, a gulp getting stuck in his throat. "I'm kidding," she jokingly exclaimed. Aemond playfully narrowed his eye at her. "For the most part. But I just never imagined you being here." He frowned his brows as he tilted his head at her words. "It just feels right." Aemond flashed his teeth as the biggest smile took hold over his lips.

Rhaenys walked up to them, "when you are done undressing each other with your eyes, we have important business to attend to." She rolled her eyes at the young couple and turned around, leading them inside.

Aelora and Aemond walked silently behind Rhaenys as they followed Ser Lorent. Aelora's eyes lit up when she saw her mother. "The Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, The Princess Aelora Targaryen and The Prince Aemond Targaryen." The four of them slowly walked down a few steps. Rhaenyra turned around when she heard her daughter's name, but she ignored Aemond's. "My beautiful girl," she smiled as she walked up to Aelora. She embraced her daughter in a tight hug, afraid to lose her again if she were to let go. Daemon stood still, his hand hung lazily on Dark Sister as he kept his eyes on Aemond. Aelora smiled as her mother placed a kiss on her forehead. "I prayed to the Gods for your safe return, I am happy they answered me." Aelora turned around to Aemond, who stood behind Rhaenys, keeping his distance. She nudged at him to come closer, which he obliged. With one step Daemon stood next to Rhaenyra, a dangerous look playing in his eyes.